Joseph Parker vs Dillian Whyte for WBO belt who wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by James Smith, May 17, 2017.

Joseph Parker vs Dillian Whyte for WBO title who wins?

1. Joseph Parker

67.9%
  2. Dillian Whyte

32.1%
  1. James Smith

James Smith Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    It looks like there is now a chance of this fighting happening, since Whyte pulled out the Wack fight, AND Whyte was out today with Eddie Hearn celebrating over a meal, video is on Instigram.

Parker has the better resume with Tackam and Ruiz, he is also faster with better stamina, and a much higher work rate.

Whyte has a good win fighting a tough fight against Chisora. Whyte is very tough, and durable. He might have a slight advantage in power, and he is clearly the stronger out of the two, plus he has showed great heart.

Who do you see winning this exciting fight if it happens?

2. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Dillon Whyte is gash, but he still goes life and death with Parker. Close one, it depends where it is.

DanielDimov likes this.
  3. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Tough fight to call based on current fights but then you look back at past ones,i beleive Whyte has the edge bc he also faced Joshua and even in a loss gained from it. Parker has showed against heavier bigger guys he could be pushed back and struggle. The main thing they share is they seem to fight at an opponents pace,but chisora came hard at whyte and looking closely whyte did a good job out boxing him picking off most shots and fighting off the ropes and back foot....i dont beleive Parker will push him back like chisora, and whyte will not want to fight like that against Parker who can be potentially be a dangerous puncher ,assuming he hits harder than chisora?

Whyte also has a very tricky style ,he can switch it up and his body shots will take stamina out of you. stamina also being favored in whytes favor as Parker seems to breath heavy sooner than later...if whyte pushes the pace it could be his night,as hes also proven to retain great punch count for long distances in a few fights. I think overall Whyte has the edges to win,better fight experiance with better guys/ stamina/ style/size/defense.

Parker maybe edges out in power? Im not even sure about that.Whyte also has the proven chin as Parker hasnt taken many power punches yet.

Parker is faster and also throws decent combos if you stand still,but will whyte just stand there like he did with Chisora?

i see this a very good back and forth fight.

X factor here

Parker has not improved in over a year with a live body( no ruiz doesnt count,that actually proves this point) Whyte has,and adds little things per fight and has become a very difficult style.In his actual fights he has had good boxing and gained rounds while improving defense...something parker hasn.t.

Whyte UD.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  4. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I thought Whyte had an ankle injury?

5. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Parker beats Whyte down. Whyte does nothing better than Parker and doesn't have the ring iq or experience to exploit Parker's flaws. He might make it to the bell but he'd eat an unholy amount of punishment in the process that'd likely end his career before it begins.

Big Ukrainian and Jackomano like this.
  6. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I guess it could be a fake injury.

7. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Also Dillian Whyte would have the reach advantage in this fight and he has a really good jab.

GALVATRON likes this.
  8. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Theres few things i didnt mention,like repetitive motion and same combo routine..all this is Parker.Whytes switching levels/combos/stances and setting up power shots better are all going to cause problems if he does these things to Parker. Its still a close fight soley bc Whyte tends to let oppoents in the fight,where really he should be blowing them out. Parkers speed is the only reason this could be close,but really on speed alone with everything else?

I have to guess that Whyte steps it up here( TITLE FIGHT) and dominates 7/8 rnds here.

Okin129 likes this.
  9. obelector

obelector Member Full Member

May 8, 2017
    parker is fairly crude while whyte cant be bothered to train

50 50 fight really and probably quite entertaining.

10. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I think people don't realise how good Dillian Whyte fought against Dereck Chisora with a style disadvantage.

11. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
  12. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Actually Whyte is training

S.K likes this.
  13. obelector

obelector Member Full Member

May 8, 2017
    whytes conditioning is awful, hes kidding himself if he thinks hes anywhere near fit enough to be a professional boxer, it's a shame because hes fairly decent

14. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    I wouldnt really call it a style disadvantage as more as Whyte choosing to fight chisoras fight.Had he chose to box on the center ring,he could have won easily. Either that or he highly underestimated Chisora and didnt expect to be pressed for 12 rnds? either way i would have Whyte by k.o in a rematch.

15. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Never been impressed with Whyte. I think Parker is too much for him, outbox him. But Whyte has a lot of heart (which I've not seen Parker have to show yet, but I'm probably forgetting some fight!).

Also controversial judging here in UK. Parker will have to beat Whyte pretty good to get the win.

As a boxing fan is rather see Whyte win for a huge Joshua unification!

But anyway isn't Hughie the mandatory? Have WBO given Parker a voluntary?