Joseph Parker vs Dillian Whyte for WBO belt who wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by James Smith, May 17, 2017.

Joseph Parker vs Dillian Whyte for WBO title who wins?

1. Joseph Parker

67.9%
  2. Dillian Whyte

32.1%
  1. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    It was great entertaining fight but I think Chisora deserved the win. 115-113 Chisora

KiwiMan and lawslaw like this.
  2. James Smith

James Smith Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Bump for more votes.

Parker is tanking Whyte, so far.

3. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Whyte has pulled out of the Wach fight. Like Hughie Fury, he too is now injured :cool:

4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    60-40 in Parker's favor for me. The more time goes by the less impressed I become by Whyte. His right hand is terrible; I'm sure he's thrown it into my kitchen by accident before.

Parker had a VERY close fight with Ruiz Jr, but I think Ruiz Jr is a little unappreciated in general. Whereas Whyte just lost (imo) to a shot Chisora. I would say Parker is the slightly better boxer and has better in-fight temperament.

5. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    He hasn't lost to Chisora, the fight could have gone either way and it was very close. I don't think that Chisora
    is shot, what makes you think that he is shot ?

I think Dillian Whyte is better than Andy Ruiz Jr , i don't think that Andy Ruiz Jr would have last 7 rounds with
    Anthony Joshua and he wouldn't be competitive at all where as Dillian Whyte showed a lot of good things in
    his fight with AJ.

Dillian Whyte is a good boxer with a very good jab and a good chin, he throws decent combinations and he has
    the power to hurt every fighter if he hits them clean and Joseph Parker has really not the best defense.

This would be a 50-50 fight in my opinion.

IKSAB likes this.
  6. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Parker UD. Whyte isn't even as good as Takam or Ruiz Jnr, certainly not better.

Mr Icaman and lawslaw like this.
  7. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    I scored it to Chisora so to me it's a loss.

Chisora looks slower and sloppier than he ever has and has taken plenty of punishment in his career, so I put it down to that.

I don't really do triangle theories. At the end of the day Whyte won 1 maybe 2 rounds against AJ before getting totally iced.

I don't think Whyte is a very good boxer at all to be honest. And his power has already shown to be unimpressive. He wobbled AJ with a nice counter left hook but against Chisora it was Whyte who looked more hurt imo. His jab is alright but he doesn't use is nearly enough . Too slow and predictable for me. Parker isn't much better which is why I have it 60-40

8. Ilikeboxing

Ilikeboxing Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Decent fight. I don't think Parker is levels above Whyte, they are very close but I give the edge to Parker because of his speed and work rate. I don't see a knock-out here.

9. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Chisora was always sloppy and Dillian Whyte uses his jab in every fight, he had two warm-up fights before his
    fight with Chisora and he easily outboxed them, i don't interprete too much in his fight with Chisora because he fought his fight and he seems to have problems with pressure fighters, Joseph Parker isn't a pressure fighter.

By judging Parkers last fight and considering that he struggled with Carlos Takam and Andy Ruiz Jr , i can't see
    him as a clear favorite.

10. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    Well if you consider that I scored the fight for Chisora then you have to see that I would ocnsider either of those guys his best win should Whyte have beat them. If you remove Chisora then what is there? David Allen? He got drawn into a slugfest against someone who prefers to fight that way instead of boxing. Parker is more of a boxer than Chisora and to date Whyte hasn't outboxed anyone of note. Even Ian Lewison made Whyte miss plenty. Don't get me wrong I'm not totally counting him out here but I can't make a genuine case for him being the more likely to win

11. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Therefore i said it is a 50-50 fight, both have a lot of question marks, this would be a good fight to see what
    they are really capable of.

I definitely rate Dillian Whyte as a solid heavyweight, he didn't really beat anyone of note so far other than Chisora
    in a close controversial decision but he has the tools to give Joseph Parker problems and Joseph Parker hasn't convinced me that he is an elite level heavyweight so far, let's be honest, he really made Andy Ruiz Jr look better than he really is because he was overrated going into the fight with him.

12. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    For sure I don't rate Parker as elite either. I'm putting it as 60-40 as in my eyes he beat Takam and Ruiz Jr which is better than - in my eyes - losing to Chisora.

I wonder if we can agree on this part - it's a reasonably close fight on paper but should never in a thousand years be a world title fight...

13. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    You have to love the Andy Ruiz Jr card. A non dedicated boxer who struggles with weight problems and a body type which hinders his footwork making him immobile at under 6'2. He had to drop a tremendous amount of weight just for Parker fight and he is vastly overatted punching power. some even have him in a top 10 on here and really theres no reason other than he fought Parker? lol

Maybe we should put Razvan in there too?

Anyone who actually WATCHED the punches instead of who pressed who,would have seen Whyte clearly won the fight with chisora. If we went on that than Ruiz has beating Parker,see how fast these guys would back track using the same criteria. The SAME Ruiz i just described above.... lol

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Okin129 likes this.
  14. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I think the opponents of Joseph Parker like Carlos Takam and Andy Ruiz Jr are overrated in the same way
    Joseph Parker is overrated.

People are thinking that both have to be good because they gave Joseph Parker a good fight but the reality
    is that they gave Parker a good fight because he is simply not that good.

15. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Im going to hold judgement on Parkers abilities,and give him the benefit of the doubt that he lets guys fight whatever pace they want. This doesn't mean his opponents aren't overatted....they sure are if you actually did home work here.i know most wont.

Im also using the same Parker from the Takam fight bc really whats he improved on? I saw an amateur fight he had with yolka i think? and really hes the same fighter now. One thing he has over Ruiz is ability to actually move around to set punches up,not just stand in one spot or moving slowly waiting to counter someone.Hes also 6'4 and good hand speed.

Really Takam and Ruiz should fight bc they are both limited fighters one has reached his peak the other doesnt have the attributes to do much in the divisions top level.

Parker really only has speed over Whyte thats about it or whats been proven so far. How people see him as the more effective boxer shows they arent actually watching both guys. i can only see whyte losing this fight if he lets Parker press him.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Okin129 likes this.