Joseph Parker vs Hughie Fury set for april 1 in Auckland

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I wonder why the delay to sign the dotted line. Is it that his father might not be able to get in to the country? We heard Hughie in interviews and he seemed eager to take up the title shot, eager as in he couldnt wait to sign was the impression I got.

2. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    I'd be pretty happy to see the Fury's shifting out of the spotlight, tbh. Too much drama, not enough actual boxing. A nail in the coffin would be AJ blitzing Klitschko like he is just another Breazeale or Molina, to take a bit of the shine off Tyson's borefest win over him and stop people treating him like a God. Not saying that is what is going to happen, but it is what I'd like to happen.

Can you tell I'm not a fan?

3. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Yeah heard reports its because of father criminal record. Mike Tyson was banned from NZ.
    Looks like WBO has its under control as usual.
    President of WBO
    This content is protected

4. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Hope Hughie has enough confidence to sign the contract, but I am pretty sure he's not ready.

I know Hughie will be an extremely good heavyweight in the years to come but he hasn't fought anyone yet and Parker is too big of a step up. Sparring is nothing like the real thing, until Hughie gets in there with a man of a remotely similar level of skill as Joe with the smaller gloves and bad intentions then we can talk like he has a chance.

I like the Fury's but Hughies relationship with Frank has me wanting him to get chopped down, Frank needs to give the game up he's ruining the sport.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  5. Lith

Jul 16, 2010
    Maybe giving the latest course of nandrolone as much time as possible to dilute before signing as PED testing will be part of the deal and they will be obliged to partake from the moment it's signed.

6. JoffJoff

JoffJoff Regular Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I think people are sleeping some on Hughie. I see Fury showing Parker up and cruising to a clear decision due to his outstanding mobility and superior ring I.Q.

The disparity in power between the two is a worry though, as is the lack of quality on Furys resume. Its a shame the Dillian Whyte fight never got made as that would have allowed us a better gauge of Hughies level.

pow likes this.
  7. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    This fight is a non-starter. It was never going to happen. Peter talks way too much nonsense when it comes to Hughie.

8. Lith

Jul 16, 2010
    Just add that and potentially this to the risky fights that Hughie has made heaps of noise about, got close to signing then have somehow fallen through?

I think Parker having got involved with fights with very tough, aggressive guys with really good chins have made some people underestimate Parker a bit... he is not looking like *THE* beast of the division at this stage but he IS very much one of the most dangerous, and most importantly he has constantly upped his competition and already has gone in against the guys where people aren't sure who will win and has fought through and won.

Parker's last fight before Ruiz was against someone of a similar level to what Fury's best fights have been (ie, Dimitrenko) and Parker looked like a monster. Some opponents and some game plans don't make for flattering performances, I think either a lot of Parker fans OR a lot of Fury fans could up very surprised by what happens if they fight. People from both camps are seriously underestimating the other...

9. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    lol.. What the hell has Dimitrenko done since losing to Eddie Chambers 8 years ago? It was Dimitrenko looking like total garbage more than Parker looking like a monster.

10. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    I suspect this will happen and Joe will get a voluntary. Hughie has pulled out a few times already so it's far from unheard of. Naturally a bit disappointing as a boxing fan, but both are young and if they keep winning we'll definitely get the fight.

Any suggestions for a voluntary?

11. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    These names have been mentioned
    Edmund Gerber
    Andrey Fedosov
    Dillian Whyte
    Andrily Rudenko
    Tom Schwarz
    Hopefully Duco Events can work something out.

12. KiwiMan

Feb 28, 2016
    Whyte and Rudenko are the only ones who would have a chance IMHO

13. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    At winning or getting a fight?

Boxcino Fedosov is better than Rudenko IMO, close though but Boxcino just is a bit stronger and skill set is a similar level

14. KiwiMan

Feb 28, 2016
    At winning. A very small chance though, and yes I missed Fedosov.

I don't rate Gerber or Schwarz.

15. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Looks like you were right, bro.