Joseph Parker vs Joe Joyce: who will you be rooting for?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Sep 19, 2022.

Joseph Parker vs Joe Joyce: who will you be rooting for?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2022.
  1. Joe Joyce

54.2%
  2. Joseph Parker

19.3%
  3. Neither, I just hope it's a good fight

24.1%
  4. I'm not interested in this one

2.4%
  1. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Joyce. Fresh blood, more entertaining, more intriguing style, has more desire and killer in him to offer the top boys, just as affable/likeable.

drenlou and Wizbit1013 like this.
  2. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Parker. I want to see the hype train that is Joe Joyce derailed. I'm also excited to see what changes Andy Lee has made.

drenlou likes this.
  3. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Me too. This is the unknown quality to this fight. He did show some minor improvements against Chisora and I expect to see further changes in Parker. Parker has always been a real talent but lacks the skill set if Lee can give him the skills to make the most of his talent then this fight becomes far more competitive and harder to predict.

Mickc and Kiwi Casual like this.
  4. drenlou

drenlou Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Warrr Parker!

Kiwi Casual likes this.
  5. Thecheckjab

Thecheckjab Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2018
    Joe Joyce by UD. I think his jab will be the key to get most of the rounds. Parker doesn't fight well against taller opponets.

6. Rollin

Rollin Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
  7. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Juggernaut. Not that I dislike Parker but we know what he's all about and Joyce should have his shot.

8. Col Mortimer

Col Mortimer The question isn't indiscreet.The answer could be Full Member

Jul 25, 2010
    JJ all the way.

One of my favourite current HW's.

I've always seen Joyce's potential of which he hasn't fully shown it yet IMO.

I do like JP too but I'm expecting he'll get pretty busted up in this fight even though he'll have some good success in further testing Joyce's dark matter chin.

12 hard punishing rounds will see Joyce with a UD. I wouldn't be too surprised if Joyce manages to stop Parker either.

Very much looking forward to it.

Brighton bomber and DoubleJab666 like this.
  9. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    In a fight like this, I don't really care. May the best man win in a good fight.

10. TheWizard

TheWizard I Got Milk Baby Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Big Juggernaut all the way.

11. stormy

stormy Live and Learn Full Member

Mar 17, 2009
    I'm 50/50 on this fight. I think Parker will out jab him to a low key, UD. Both have proven chins, both have power, and now we get to see what level of chin and power they actually possess. Its a good very interesting match up.

12. jquest

jquest Active Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Someone made a comment the other day about Parker not having the dog in him. This is my problem with him, he's a good fighter with good attributes but he's too nice outside the ring and boring inside. I just can't see what his motivation is. Joyce on the other hand has some personality although his interviews are good material to make you fall asleep. He's rock em sock em robot type of fighting is entertaining to watch. Walks through punches and lands big thudding punches and that is about as exciting as HW boxing gets.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  13. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Sextus Julius Severus Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Hopefully Andy Lee can get Parker to become more aggressive, like Sugar Hill Steward did with Tyson Fury.

Kiwi Casual likes this.
  14. Mickc

Mickc Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Joyce and Parker are both likeable fighters and this is a big fight for both which imo could go either way and both of them are genuinely respectful men.For these reasons I’m not going to pick one fighter over the other I just hope it’s a good fight without controversy and we have a clear winner with no hard feelings afterwards .

15. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Parker ko.... End this hype train