Joseph Parker what next ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Red Hulk40, Dec 15, 2018.

1. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    That could be a decent fight to get Parker back into contention again. Very dangerous though.

2. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Bit surprised so many people want to see Parker vs Browne. That's a fight that lost its appeal the moment Browne got face-planet by All Tark, IMO. Parker would smash him.

Power_tek and Holler like this.
  3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I only want to see it because it's a good step up from Flores, an ok name to have on the record yet wouldn't have too much trouble with him. A decent enough opponent to have before he steps up to take better fights.

4. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    If it still has domestic (Aus and NZ) appeal then I can't begrudge Parker some easy cash, I suppose. Just find it a bit of a pointless fight now that Browne's O has gone.

Geo1122 likes this.
  5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I have a feeling we’ll get the Parker vs whyte rematch next. AJ facing the whyte/chisora winner is sounding more and more unlikely now on the 13th.

I keep forgetting Parker has already beaten Takam, Ruiz jr, Dimitrenko and H Fury.

Parker vs Ortiz or Jennings aren’t bad fights at all

Nonito Smoak likes this.
  6. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    He's gotta string a few wins together to get back into contention and as Parker is in a rebuilding phase of his career, an opponent like Browne is probably good if it is made next. I agree that it won't be close, but it's a name and will help Parker in the alphabet rankings.

7. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
  8. Kiwi_in_America

Oct 19, 2006
    But could Parker be "shut out" of the biggest fights?

9. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    It wouldn't be hard to shut out Parker from the big fights for perhaps another year. The top fighters might not see much reward in fighting Parker, especially now that he doesn't have a belt. At the same time, Team Parker doesn't sound too keen on any big fights soon. I'm hearing Lucas Brown and I don't think thats a big fight in terms of calibre so that could very well be next.

10. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Jennings would be a good fight, though I'm not sure how keen Bryant would be to take it as he himself is in a rebuilding phase. Would be good to see though. I'm a fan of both men.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I'd be happy if his next fight was against Ortiz or Jennings. Ortiz obviously is the much tougher fight but I could see Parker's movement giving Ortiz issues, though not sure Parker has the offensive ability to overwhelm or out point Ortiz, it's a fight much like Takam and Ruiz Jr where he'd need to pick his moments to work while predominantly on the back and I could see it being close on the cards. Maybe Ortiz is old enough now to be taken.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  12. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Shut out right now I'd say yes, he's had 2 back to back losses, top guys like Joshua, Fury, Wilder won't see him as a viable opponent. Whyte having already beaten him won't want to go over old ground again given that he's about to have another rematch soon. He'll wan't to move on from Chisora and Parker to either get a title shot or fight another of the top guys like Povetkin.

Parker currently is at the stage where Whyte was a while ago, coming off a loss and needing to rebuild to be seen as a top heavy and a viable opponent for any of the big names. That will mean taking a few easy fights like Flores and then maybe Browne. Then he needs to step up against someone like Jennings or maybe Michael Hunter Jr who is getting a lot of attention from people. Then maybe take a big risky fight like Ortiz or even Usyk and win then would put him right back in contention.

So while he's out of the picture in regards to the big fights, he has a path back to the top level if he keeps winning.

13. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    i think lucas browne would b an easy win for him. if he wants more of a challenge then go for michael hunter. but lucas browne is easy to pick on. looks decent on resume and is an easy win for most decent fighters.

14. Kiwi_in_America

Oct 19, 2006
    The Browne fight does make sense.....

15. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    It does if he is giving up on his career, parker needs to fight in europe next on a decent card with a decent main event.
    If he fights browne down under hes gone for good.