Joseph Smith, Jr. vs. Steven Geffrard & Abraham Nova vs. William Encarnación Alcántara RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Very right :D

This content is protected

CST80 likes this.
  2. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    I was yelling at my screen "jab to the body"... It was there all night and could have set the table for so much more.

chacal likes this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Official Highlights From Top Rank
    This content is protected

Willie Maeket likes this.
  4. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    As expected, Geffrard looked solid early on and made a couple of those rounds close. Smith needed some time to adjust to the new opponent and he's usually a guy who is taking some time anyway. I also liked that Smith was boxing very technical in some of those rounds before raising the pressure in the later stage. As i said before, Geffrard was lacking the power to get Smith respect in the fight. I think that would have been the x factor in a potential Johnson/Smith fight. I'm not very high on Johnson but he can crack. Geffrard is a good and solid fighter and will probably get a few better fights next. Wouldn't be shocked if some bigger promoter signs him. He clearly has the skills to beat a lot of guys in a weak 175 division but Smith was just too much for him last night. Still happy about cashing my over 6 1/2 rounds bet at +110. That was easy money.

5. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    No way does Smith beat Beterbiev on that performance.

Zero variety and right hand happy all night. His stance means he can be reset and turned all night too and with such long arms his inside game won't be so strong either.

Beterbiev by explosive KO.

If I am wrong, I'll eat my words.

6. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    You're a moron. Keep up the delusional thinking though.. Where every elbow and glove shot is a damaging blow

Lesion of Doom likes this.
  7. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Joyce is half Irish half Nigerian I believe.

Serge likes this.
  8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I've never heard that. I heard he was Scottish but here's where the confusion lies

''Joe Joyce was born Joseph Obey Joyce on the date September 19, 1985, in London, England. He is the son of father Philip Joyce and his wife, Marvel Opara. His father is a Scottish native of Scotland, and his mother is of Nigerian descent. Joyce has a younger brother named Torana. Joyce graduated from Elliott School and received his undergraduate degree from BSc at Middlesex University. Joe stands six feet five inches tall and weighs 91 kg.''

''Joe Joyce is a British boxer who competes in the heavyweight division. He was born to a Scottish-born Irish father Philip Joyce''

ShovelHook and CST80 like this.
  9. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Geffrard was a pleasant surprise in the fact he went past the 6th round of a replacement fight I saw ending within first 4 rounds. His guard was very good early on and mid way thru, Smith had a hard time getting thru it. But a good performance by Joe against a tougher then expected replacement.

10. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Not an impressive performance by Joe. I think Geffrard can be a legit threat if he had a full training camp. Him and Vlasov are going to be avoided now.

ShovelHook and Reinhardt like this.