Josh James William Taylor vs. Jack Catterall & Robeisy Ramirez vs. Eric Donovan RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Feb 26, 2022.

1. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    No I mean I've read your posts on canelo, after seeing them I have no desire to continue the conversation.

KO KIDD likes this.
  2. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Taylor best punches are his rabbit punches and head butts dirty sob. He got pt for his dirty boxing. Now, you want to come here and make a case of him winning lol. Have to land clean and impactful punches. That's what Caterall did all though out.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    Boon and Noel857 like this.
  3. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015

I am talking about an unconscious bias towards the heavy underdog, people don't even realise that they are doing it. The same thing happened in the GGG-Jacobs fight. The underdog gets given excessive credit for his work just because he's doing a lot better than expected, and a lot of the good work the favourite is doing gets overlooked. I have witnessed this phenomenon in numerous fights down the years.

MagnificentMatt, CST80 and VanBasten like this.
  4. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Believe me i was not rooting for Catterall,just scored it as i saw it.Stop making excuses for Taylor he lost

Boon likes this.
  5. Banana-Rama

Nov 28, 2015
    I didn't say you were rooting for Catterall, my point went over your head unfortunately.

VanBasten and Quina74 like this.
  6. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    I agree that Taylor can be a dirty fighter
    Yes that's exactly what I said in my post.
    I gave Taylor 6 rounds but ultimately a case for Taylor winning 7 rounds. If you think otherwise then I'm sorry you don't know have a clue what clean punches are or you've watched the fight once and without a keen eye to detail

VanBasten and Banana-Rama like this.
  7. Noel857

Mar 24, 2019
    No it didnt.You assumed i saw everything good for Catterall because he was an underdog,when in reality i had no preference for either fighter.I have followed boxing for 50 years and when the announced majority decision my jaw dropped but thats nothing to compare to my reaction to the verdict.Still fuming days later can`t begin to understand how Jack is feeling ,robbed of his chance to become undisputed champion and all the millions of pounds to come with it

dinovelvet likes this.
  8. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    This content is protected

PIPO23 and Noel857 like this.
  9. Banana-Rama

Nov 28, 2015
    I am talking about the commentators and their influence over the perception of the public, in response to the appeal to majority fallacy. So yes, my point did go over your head.

10. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    You think Josh landed the majority of clean shots? lol.. Look at the state of his face. . Jack finished the fight looking like he did at the start of it.. Josh landed nothing. Catterall too slippery and too awkward on the night.

KO KIDD and Noel857 like this.
  11. Noel857

Mar 24, 2019
    No the point is the general public saw with their own eyes what happened.Maybe some got influenced by the commentary but the fact is Jack won this fight no matter how you try to say otherwise.What got over your head was the fact Taylor was out boxed

12. Banana-Rama

Nov 28, 2015
    That may be your point, but it's not mine, my point is what I stated, and you misunderstood it. I was talking about commentary bias and you thought I was applying it to you. If you simply read back the conversation you will understand.

13. Noel857

Mar 24, 2019
    Been through this before there was no commentary bias they said what they saw ,which was Catterall out boxing Taylor

14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Not sure which punch counting method Sky used, but evidently it wasn't Compubox. Whose numbers seem far more reasonable and accurate to me.
    This content is protected

15. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    I mentioned this in an earlier post. It is rounds 11 and 12 that stand out to me. Almost everyone, including me, mentioned how Catterall didn't do anything to try and win the title from Taylor in the last few rounds. Watching with the naked eye that is the truth. Taylor was coming forward, Catterall seemed to be shirking away and holding a lot. However, the Compubox stats above show that Catterall threw and landed a lot more punches than Taylor in those two rounds. They say Taylor landed six punches total. in the total rounds.

I had the score 113-112 Catterall but after watching those two rounds again I think it should have been 115-110 and that those who had it 114-111 for Taylor should have had it 113-112 for Catterall if they gave the last two frames to Taylor.