Josh Taylor is bigger, stronger and nastier

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Jun 9, 2023.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Hes good and explosive, I think hes a bit of weight bully, I dont think hes 140lbs, even though hes struggling to make weight. Hes lazy and over confident, Taylor has the knack of beating people like that, when hes on hes sharp. Clever sharp.

If Taylor does what he did to ramires and doesnt get the decisions we will know Lopez is a protected prize.

2. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    Nastiness is a good factor in the ring most of the best ever have it, do I believe Taylor would be a good man to drink with? Nah. I'm only judging/supporting him as a fighter. Lopez is an overconfident buffoon, he probably thinks he can take taylors belt and go to welterweight and take over. Bull****, Taylor is a realist atleast, hed go up to 147 for a payday.

CST80 likes this.
  3. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I dunno about Taylor being a good man to drink with. The booze will probably bring out the nasty side of his personality or have we already forgotten his run in with the law when he had to plead guilty to homophobic and racist abuse against a doorman after he was chucked out of a club. Not my idea of a fun night out.

4. 40ozoe

40ozoe Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2022
    Teofimo participated in two fight of the year candidates against Lomachenko and Kambosos. Those were great fights. To want this guy out of the sport is sort of like wanting the sport dead.

Sheikh likes this.
  5. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Taylor looks in great shape. Fair enough he did lose his last fight but he looks in much better shape mentally and physically this time. His last 5 or 6 fights his opponents have a combined record of 133-0. Definitely deserves credit.

6. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    I said he wouldn't be. He would be a wee miserable nasty scottish *******.

Edit: I edited saying he wouldn't.

Fighting wise though, Taylor is very capable and I give him respect, dont get good people confused with good fighters. Most fighters are pricks.

7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005

Lol, OK yeah that makes much more sense.

lepinthehood likes this.
  8. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Can’t wait to hear Lopez’s excuses after getting sparked in this fight. He’s a punk with a big mouth and tiny brain. His scumbag father is even more unlikeable and he makes Tank Davis look like Einstein. Dumb ***** getting KOd. Okay maybe Taylor lost against Catteral but Teo lost against Martin. Two guys with recent gift decisions going at it. The judges can’t give them both. Someone has to win this one.

ShadesOfAli and lepinthehood like this.
  9. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Two very annoying fighters outside the ring. Both entertaining inside. Lopez has very cringeworthy interviews though, and his father is as much of a dunce as he is. I'm rooting for Taylor here.

10. slash

slash Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    The problem for Taylor is that he's not faster.

11. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    It’ll be a draw then ;)

On a serious note the more I think about it Lopez is getting wrecked in this fight!​

Jackman65 likes this.
  12. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    I like Taylor when he gets nasty leading up to a fight it’s entertaining.

I didn’t like the aftermath of his last fight, but am willing to give him a pass for stating he won and is levels above Catterall as any elite fighter has to have that unshakeable belief in themself. He at least admitted his performance was crap.

He seems like a good guy to have a beer with.

Lopez on the other hand comes across like a head case the boy is not right. It’s no surprise his wife left him!

Jackman65 likes this.
  13. slash

slash Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Lopez is just inviting a psycho attack.

Jackman65 likes this.
  14. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    I could this is what it could come down to, quickness (hands and feet) and sharpness…JT a lot of the times gets caught stuck on his feet when trading….he can easily get caught a suffer a few flash knockdowns here if he’s not psychologically switched on.

15. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Or prograis