josh taylor scotlands new star

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by boxingcrazy, Feb 29, 2016.

1. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010
    i am sure I'm not the only person from scotland that thinks josh taylor will bring big time boxing back to scotland, he is pure class and has adapted to the professional scene very quickly.

josh is head and shoulders above any other boxer in scotland at the minute and it wont be long before he is headlining tv shows in scotland and tbh scotland needs it sooner rather than later.

josh is tall, rangy, dedicated can punch and as far as i know his whiskers are sound too and training with shane mcguigan is really helping him progress. :good

thoughts?

2. blueseaofibrox

blueseaofibrox Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2015
    He's being feed bums and has got a little big headed since moving south calling out guys who have earned there stripes, judge him when he fights someone who fights back
    Didn't he lose all his WSB fight not a good sign for s****om is it?

3. blundell

blundell Active Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Completely agree. Josh is a fantastic boxer. He can only go upwards with Shane in his corner. I do think he can work on his head movement though.

I honestly think that Josh is ready now for the British and Commonwealth.

4. boxingcrazy

Jul 3, 2010
    aren't you thinking of aston brown? he took a few hidings in the wsb getting ko'd or stopped in his last one before being cut by gb.

have to disagree on his matchmaking also, he fought a guy 17-5 in his second bout and that lad saturday had a winning record and had been stopped only once before.

take away maybe jack cattrall from the british scene and i see josh beat the rest, now:bbb

that includes our very own willie limond who i actually fancy to get beat by tyrone nurse and afterwards we could see him in against josh in handing over of the torch fight for scottish boxing:bbb:good

5. B.A.S.

B.A.S. Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Think you're thinking of Aston Brown mate.

Josh is the one who represented GB at the Olympics and won a Commonwealth gold.

Sky is the limit and agree, will bring back the big nights of boxing to Scotland and hopefully they'll be in Edinburgh.

6. thedob01

thedob01 Member Full Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Certainly hope so for Scotland's sake. They don't have much else!

7. bazza12

bazza12 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Four fights, four wins inside the distance. Impressive start to his pro career. Watching him in the ams I never thought he'd carry much power as a pro, early indications look like I may be wrong.

8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    He's only fought 1 fighter in the pros who has a losing record when they meet, how many Good Prospects can say that in this Country after 4-5 fights.

9. boxingcrazy

Jul 3, 2010
    i think this must be credited to shane mcguigan, he is pretty scientific and i for one was delighted when he shunned the usual scottish coaches and teamed up with shane. imo the top coach in scotland is peter harrison but his coaching style would never have suited josh taylor. terry mccormack who was one of his many amateur coaches is a great guy but imo he struggles when his guys move up in class and billy nelson is pretty similar to peter harrison so as with peter i don't see what he would have brought to josh.

hopefully more of scotlands top guys look for something different coach wise when turning over because too many stay with old amateur coaches or go with a coach that won't improve them or doesn't coach to the boxers strengths.

i think that joe ham is a top prospect but i think he will be held back by sticking with his dad as coach, i fancy with the right coach joe becoming euro champ but i feel he fails at british level is he doesn't address this.

10. rossco666

rossco666 Guest

Eh, nah.

11. rossco666

rossco666 Guest

Taylor looks class. I think he's going to be special.

12. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Quality prospect

13. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Josh has all the tools, very talented. Not sure how far he will go, will be interesting to see his development.

14. undercut

undercut New Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Scotland has big time boxing, Burns, Flynn, Ham, Smith etc all developing. Taylor didn't do anything in wsb, Europeans, worlds or Olympics he's dodging Nurse (British Champ), Caterall, I guess we'll be able to judge Shane by what he does with Taylor since he has had him from day 1 in the pros.