Josh Taylor vs Ivan Baranchyk could be a war, how do you see it going?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Greatest Story, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Greatest Story

Greatest Story ''Everybody Know I Beat him!'' banned Full Member

Feb 14, 2019
    Baranchyk looked much improved in his last fight, He's very strong and tough, and dirty. It's gonna be a really rough fight I think, Taylor likes a scrap himself. I think Taylors has more class and ability and it will show as the fight goes on.

2. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That's pretty much how I see it as well. I expect Baranchyk to come out all guns blazing and try and put it on Taylor. I think the fight will be fought at a very high pace in the early rounds. I think Taylor will work him out and start timing him coming in and pulling away in the later rounds to win a hard fought but convincing decision win. If Baranchyk does feel that he's behind in the fight and starts to get reckless (more so than usual) and starts swinging desperately trying catch Taylor with a hayemaker, then I could see Taylor getting the stoppage if he's landing hard, crisp counters regularly. I think we'll get to see the best of Taylor against Baranchyk. He'll get to show his fighting ability as well as his boxing ability. I really think this will be an amazing fight.

If the fight even happens of course!

3. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Taylor will have to be careful early but for me this is a true 'level's' fight. I like Baranchyk, he's talented and a warrior but Taylor is at least a level above. I think he's a special fighter and will stop Baranchyk in 7 to 9 rounds.

cam2010 and Greatest Story like this.
  4. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Jodh’s Hardest fight to date but he has the quality to win

5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Taylor should win but Ivan is an absolute handful. Taylor wins on points, might have to get up off the deck in the process

Suspect.chin likes this.
  6. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Baranchyk has been dropped by lesser fighters.taylor stoppage for me

cam2010 and Dangerwood84 like this.
  7. Mavin

Mavin New Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2019
    I rate Taylor highly. I think a 8-10 round stoppage. He’ll lose first 2 rounds whilst Baranchyk comes out the blocks but he’ll adjust and counter him nicely slowly wearing him down to take control of the fight

Dangerwood84 likes this.
  8. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    You lot are giving Baranchyk way to much credit, dont get me wrong he is good but like @Dangerwood84 said our boy Josh is on a different level to him. He stops him in 7.

Dangerwood84 likes this.
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Taylor looks class so far but still has it all in front of him to do.

Could be Scotland's greatest fighter if he fulfils his potential.

10. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Taylor stoppage for me -- too much of a boxing IQ for him but he can also fight with him

Dangerwood84 likes this.
  11. Shrewd_dude

Shrewd_dude Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
  12. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Mental that it's announced etc then no word on tickets

13. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    One of Taylor's best parts of his game is his ability to switch it up, and get into the trenches. That, coupled with his huge talent, should see him through this...if it happens, of course

14. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Really hope this goes ahead, especially with Inoue on the card. It could be a cracker. Just waiting for the tickets to go on sale (hopefully) then I will pounce.

15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Thought Baranchyk had pulled out? His promoter literally re confirmed it the other day