Josh Taylor vs Ohara Davies Thread

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Sniper4, May 19, 2017.

1. Mortal

Mortal Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Interesting that people think that OD's longer reach will keep Taylor on the outside. I see Taylor getting inside OD's reach fairly easily as he has far quicker feet. OD has a serious flaw in his cement feet and seems slow to engage. Taylor is quite tall at the weight but he doesn't have a big reach for his hight that's why he likes to get in close to let his sharp shots go but he can also box and move well on the outside. I see Taylor lighting OD up at will tbh. I dont think the orangutan armed OD will be comfortable fighting at Taylors range. OD won't be able to match him there. The power difference isn't huge between the two like some are assuming either. Both seem to have decent dig. Its clear to me Josh is the sharper, more skilled and more athletic of the two by a big margin. OD's awkward so that might cause Taylor some issues but other than that Taylor is better in every department. I'll also add the face off proved Taylor is the much bigger of the two so I don't see OD as the stronger fighter like some seem to think he is. Also the stories of Taylor more than holding his own against Shawn Porter in sparring leads me to believe Taylor is not going to be bullied by OD at all. I think this fights going to be one sided with Taylor looking dynamite.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I agree, but I also dont see the same in Taylor.

Odins beard likes this.
  3. Islip manor

Islip manor New Member Full Member

May 22, 2017
    I can see OD wearing Taylor down and causing a bit of an upset. The boy has the heart of a lion and I can see this being the difference.

I like Taylor and would love to see him win but OD has something about him that makes him so hard to beat.

Great match up though, can't wait

Sniper4 likes this.
  4. Sniper4

Sniper4 New Member Full Member

May 14, 2017
    What about Conrad Cummings vs J Ryder on the undercard- who wins?

N17 likes this.
  5. Sniper4

May 14, 2017
    cheers chaps

6. Last Half

Last Half New Member Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Taylor will be too good in the early rounds but if Ohara rides it out from the 4th onwards it will be his, whos on the undercard.

N17 likes this.
  7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Got my tickets for this, fellas. July 8th could be your chance to meet your boxing forum hero.

N17 and Twentyman like this.
  8. Sniper4

May 14, 2017
    i just sense something controversial is gonna happen. idk why. maybe its the whole cyclone show w matchroom as visitors lol. Davies KO for me

N17 likes this.
  9. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    OD to stop Taylor.

Both very good fighters, could/should be a very good fight.

I have been told by a few people that Taylor chin is not great, OD can really punch but OD has to be smart though and not get emotional and definitely not go for a quick blast out, I hope all that talk of inside 6 rounds was just mind games.

OD has to work his body early, make sure he is actually landing because Taylor has fast feet and also he needs to be taking something out of Taylor, in my opinion it is vital he makes that investment.

Taylor will be sharp and quick for the first few rounds so OD has to get his jab working, everything should come after a jab, no lead right hands or he will be countered and most importantly keep hitting that body and I think he will stop Taylor.

10. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    The bolded part interests me. I love gym stories or rumours about fighters chins, heart, how they live the life between fights etc

I've never known Taylor to be stopped, never seen him hurt or severely wobbled & if chin was a big problem, why would Cyclone offer fight & good money to OD to put fight on when they've invested a lot in hyping/training/promoting Taylor only to throw him to Julian Jackson, number 1 140 fighter, special talent (Tony Sims) in his 10th fight?

I'm curious as to where this come from? Posters, boxers, trainers etc

You might be right but I could say I seen Scarpa stop OD dead in tracks with a couple of right hands in round 7 & Taylor hits harder than him but it's pointless, because maybe that was just my interpretation of it. Maybe he was just off balance & had to reset.

BTW none of this is a dig, I just love the bulid up & hyperbole to big fights, 50-50 fan opinions, technical breakdowns etc. I like debating about it. But I've never heard Taylor's chin questioned to be honest & if Alex Arthur, Billy Nelson Aston Brown, Anthony Fowler (team GB) etc within boxing had seen or heard anything about Taylor's chin, they wouldn't be backing him to win so comfortably considering they have either seen him progress or sparred him.

Can't wait for this, fair play to OD for selling himself they way he does. He has grown on me & after this fight I hope he goes to the top & earns everything he so badly wants, good for the sport I think.