Josh Taylor vs. Regis Prograis & Dereck Chisora vs. David Price + Yves Ngabu vs. Lawrence Okolie RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 26, 2019.

1. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Taylor won me 333$

Accurate, DONT B SCARED and velagod like this.
  2. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol you know that don’t you?Im one of the forums biggest Crawford fans and haven’t been critical over his resume so far but it’s time he did something if he wants to be mentioned in the same vain as Floyd.
    Manny P has a better run of late imo.
    Taylor looked very gaunt in the press conference imo and it may be that Welterweight could suit him in terms of power,speed and stamina?

3. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Home cooking. Prograis 115-113. Very good fight but Prograis landed more consistently. Taylor landed some flashy punches but who would you rather have been at the end? Taylor looked totally spent.

The only knock I would have on Regis was punch output.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Boon, pacas and George Crowcroft like this.
  4. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    This content is protected

OvidsExile and Serge like this.
  5. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Crawford was also mindful of Postal with the way he fought him.Ive seen vids on YouTube of that fight slowed down and it’s not the shutout theyed have you believe?
    I’m sure I heard the networks gave Crawford some stick after that awful Rigo or Ward like performance and to be fair he’s not fought that way since lol.
    Taylor beat Postal fair n square in a pure boxing scenario from both and not unlike tonight his boxing down the stretch is incredible imo.

George Crowcroft and Serge like this.
  6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Mindful.... is that what you call it?:lol: I call it fighting like a straight up running *****.

7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009

Just the audio on this one

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Crawfy isn't usually boring but he stunk the joint out so bad that night that the stench still lingers in the venue to this day :lol:

George Crowcroft and CST80 like this.
  9. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Few thoughts on the fight but before I start credit to both on the fight.

I thought they sky commentators were strangely biased towards Regis most likely because he’s signed to dazn.

I thought josh did a really good job of blocking and catching a lot of Regis’s punches especially early in the fight.

the lead hand control of both was a joy to watch and I’m not suprised seeing as there both brilliant southpaws and its massively important for southpaws as any southpaw who has boxed can attest (I’m a southpaw).

the short right hook was there all night for josh.

Prograis’s head movement was really good till he tired and he tired early I think part of the problem for Regis as I pointed out I’m build up to the fight is partly he has been allowed to box at his own pace his whole career dictate tempo and also in the ring he hasn’t been through a lot of adversity but he dug down deep and came back got his second wind but you could tell from 6-10th he was unraveling but he will come back a better fighter after this.

josh we all know he’s hittable but he was catching lot of shots on his gloves but he took a while for him to properly get into the fight but he started to outman Regis Josh has just got that devil in him he started to let his hands go short range get his combos going and also in the rounds he clearly won he also knew when not to trade but you could tell early he was weary of trading to much with Regis he was popin off 2 punches and backing out he didn’t want to get timed and countered by Regis’s body shots.

but he went up in gears showed grit determination and his lighting fast hands.

was class fight massive credit to both men.

10. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Chisora is chilling with Nigel Farage lol erm... wow.. interesting times

George Crowcroft, Liquorice and CST80 like this.
  11. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    It's very tough to win on the road when the home guy has volume and lands the more eye catching shots. Taylor also had a knack for landing the last shot of an exchange, which probably negated Regis' excellent head movement and defense to the judges.

I'm a big fan of both and picked Rougarou to win, but I think a Taylor MD is fair. Had it a draw personally.

12. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Ye but Corbyn tapped Diane Abbott.. beat that Nigel..

Serge and Aydamn like this.
  13. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Look how strong they from Scotland.All that work tossing cabers must make that solid gold trophy feel lightweight.

Serge likes this.
  14. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol you know me Chris?always trying to people please and be politically correct as apposition to just coming out with it.
    Weird I was gonna post something similar earlier when you was asked about if you really thought a posters scorecard was based on his feelings for either guy?
    Lol your answer was just a straight up yes:risas3:.
    I’m just trying to think about that Crawford v Postal fight.Im sure it was done as a PPV?kinda like Crawfords big moment to seize the public’s attention.His fear of Postal must of been real to take a leaf out of Wards book and Rigondeauxs?
    No coincidence those two got little love from the public with their ability to stink the place out.It is an entertainment business after all and Ward and Crawford showed they don’t give a toss about the paying public.

Serge and CST80 like this.
  15. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    I missed the selby fight? How was it? Did Selby look any good?

Serge likes this.