Josh Warrington vs. Mauricio Lara Acosta & Leigh Wood vs. Reece Mould RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Lol, all of the name guys at 126 are laughing at him. Meanwhile it wasn´t any of them who beat him.

2. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Rubbish about the rematch clause.

Lara comes over, nobody gives him a prayer, knocks out the so called number 1 but then has to do it all again to be able to progress his career when there wasn’t even a belt on the line.

The rematch should be in America or Mexico. Warrington always banged on about wanting to travel across the pond, well there you go.

3. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    If I was advising Warrington I would not be pushing him into a rematch straight away . Maybe the weight making is taking a toll so move to super featherweight? Styles make fights and Josh would have to have a different game plan to the way he fought last night . At 22 Lara should in theory get better and while a jab and move type might be able to out box him Josh’s pressure fighting style suits him .

4. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Usually when Warrington goes on the offensive, guys go on the defense. Which is a given considering his volume.
    But Lara immediately exchanged with him. And with big power shots that were landing. So Warrington never really got his engine going. ****ing hard to do so if you keep eating knee buckling left hooks.
    Warrington clearly was hurt with a few shots in the opening round alone.

Funny thing is that when Lara stood his ground, front leg heavy, he could not miss with his rather telegraphed shots. When Lara did back down he barely landed anything of note.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  5. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Just caught up with the fight what an upset. Great performance from lara. He can bang. Cant believe the ref didn't jump in the 4th. Josh showed alot of heart and balls took some massive shots. Funny old game boxing.

Scissors and Glenn McKrory like this.
  6. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I wouldn't worry too much about the rematch clause. I should imagine Lara will be paid handsomely and rightly so, far more than her likely get from his next opponent other than Warrington and after that performance, Lara will be even more confident.

7. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Warrington seen plenty of him just another hyped up boxer. He is alright he is living off this I am tough and he is but there's always someone tougher and stronger. He just met that one boxer that can put him to sleep and get him out of there. That's all. Was just a matter of time.In saying that he showed a lot of heart to keep going.

Lara was slow as molasses but those left hooks were ouchy fo sure.

MetalLicker and Badbot like this.
  8. boxberry92

boxberry92 Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I never watched the fight live for the simple reason on paper it looked like a typical Matchroom mismatch.

Shocking result for Warrington especially after his recent performances against Selby and Frampton. His career is in a real mess now and he faces a difficult road back unless he takes an immediate rematch and wins it in style.

He really should have been stopped or pulled out in the or at the end of the fourth round. As another poster said how does Howard Foster let Warrington carry on in the fourth, yet stop George Groves in the first Froch fight ? Foster is an awful terribly inconsistent referee who is clearly in Matchrooms pocket.

Taking nothing away Lara but these fights behind closed doors, seem to effect some fighters positively and others negatively, Josh did not look like the fighter who convincingly beat both Selby and Frampton, although they're are very different fighters stylistically to Lara, whilst excellent technically neither are big strong punchers.

Lara reminds me somewhat of Julio Cesar Martinez who took Charlie Edwards apart.

dryzer likes this.
  9. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Foster is an Absolute shithouse

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  10. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Shocking for Warrington and will be a tough pill to swallow. After the moaning about Lara I must admit I’m looking forward to that rematch more than the Can Xu fight now.

he should have been pulled out in the fourth but one tough git to come back win the fifth and go another 4 rounds.

Don’t think it’s a case of foster and judges being on the payroll but they know full wel who pays the sanctioning fees every week. There’s bad decisions on every UK card for the him promoter. Only way we lose this is having one promotion like the UFC or 5 judges with open round scoring

the British board need to be held accountable and are taking big money away from fighters to line their own pockets.

Scissors likes this.
  11. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    100% this

Greg Price99 and Fhaggis like this.
  12. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Warrington's biggest problem has always been a lack of power. His power is only slightly better than better than Malignaggi's. He can barely crack eggs. He can bully some guys with volume, but as soon as someone refuses to backup and punch back harder, he was going to be in danger. His styles leaves him open as well, so he's vulnerable when trading punches.

Lara punches much harder and he's willing to trade. You can tell early that Lara wasn't scared of Warrington's power. He just keep coming forward and exchanged with Warrington.

PIPO23 and mark ant like this.
  13. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Can we confirm if details were exchanged before he was banned. It did appear that he’d lost his arrsehole.

aaaaa likes this.
  14. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I gave Warrington 1 round. Maybe another drawn round. This was a beat down. I did think Warrington looked gaunt off the weight so I’m glad I stuck a few quid on him, but they definitely weren’t expecting that. He had Warrington in trouble from the get go with his power. I’d be moving up to 130 and forgetting about this guy now!

15. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Not one for calling for retirements, but I don't think it is a million with Josh Warrington.

He trains a lot with Reece Mould, so perhaps they both just had bad camps?