Joshua all-time ranking after hypothetically beating Usyk, then Fury, then Wilder, then retiring

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by freelaw, Aug 13, 2022.

1. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    And this kind of sharp repartee is the reasons that you have 221 likes with only 189 posts!

Keep it going, sir.

MarkusFlorez99, Oddone and tee_birch like this.
  2. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    He Need to ad the most promising from the generation too. Like Wlad did with Fury and himself.

3. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    :lol:

4. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I think Wilder is a harder fight for AJ than Fury personally. I see Wilder cleaning his clock early if they ever fought.

I still think Fury is a big favourite but he can be hurt and AJ is technically correct in how he throws his shots and he is explosive and times his counters quite well.

Usyk I see stopping AJ in the mid rounds this time (between 5-7). I think it will be more of a shoot out this time, Usyk knows he can hurt him and beat him at mid range so perhaps there may be over confidence on his side. Hard to see how AJ wins this one.

freelaw likes this.
  5. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    I've witnessed insults before. This... was not that.

This was a war crime.

Kudos.

6. freelaw

freelaw Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Ignorance and childish rudeness more like.
    Same with you, probably not even reading my response to it, explaining how he's completely wrong.
    Well it just reminded me why I grew out of this forum years ago in the first place. Boxing fans are not the sharpest tools in the box generally speaking - not offending individuals on here.

EddieLima likes this.
  7. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    If he beats all of the guys you’ve stated he’d be the best of this era but don’t think he’d rank highly in any ATG list. Not his fault it’s just not a great era for heavyweights.

uppakut likes this.
  8. TheShellofKell

TheShellofKell Nakatani Future P4P #1 Full Member

Sep 3, 2021
    Cool story, but actually if he gets through USYK i see the other 2 being easier....... I always said Fury beats Wilder, Wilder Beats Joshua and Joshua beats Fury.....But by the time it happens Wilder will be late 30's and inactive.

9. ikrasevic

ikrasevic For the honorable cross and the golden freedom Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    If that were to happen; I'll let my imagination run wild...
    Joshua would become a legend. He would take down two "zeros" (Usyk and Fury), he would become the undisputed lineal champion. Another win over Wilder would only improve his resume. Everything would be reflected in the ATG list, where it would overtake, for example, Foreman.
    Of course he wouldn't make it to ATG #3 right away, but as the years (and decades) went by ATG #3 would be a debate between Lennox Lewis, Larry Holmes, and Anthony Joshua.
    In any case, he would overtake Usyk and Fury on the ATG list.

freelaw likes this.
  10. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Joshua's getting knocked out next week. The hypotheticals are pointless.

AdamT likes this.
  11. freelaw

freelaw Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Usyk is amazing but the confidence you lot have in him after that rather meaningless HW debut, not-so-impressive outpointing over the hill Chisora, and a very good performance vs Joshua who seriously tactically screwed up is not understable for me. All of a sudden he beats everyone including the likes of Lennox according to some of you.

The Joshua fight was competitive for the most part and if Joshua hadn't tried to win by boxing the boxer (even at pure boxing he wasn't exactly outclassed!) and followed up a few times when he had Usyk stunned (to the head and body) it might have looked different.

And it just may look different on Saturday. I favour Usyk to win still actually, but not by a huge margin.

EddieLima likes this.
  12. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    He would be up there with Lewis
    And it's not unthinkable for him to get this done....Usyk is under alot of pressure now with his home county at war and I'm sure focusing on boxing is difficult for him, it would be for anyone in his position, Fury is neither here nor there probably getting fat and drunk again, and Wilder who knows what he got left after two knockout defeats. If Joshua is smart he can get it done.

freelaw likes this.
  13. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Wtf are these comparisons with Lewis. Hope Usyk takes him out once and for all.

14. EddieLima

EddieLima Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2022
    I'm not taking Joshua so lightly like some of you. I remember him coming up, the hype behind him and he was mighty impressive, his resume speaks for itself and I think there is some chance of him beating Usyk, Fury and Wilder or at least have great fights with them. If he does that, then he would be just behind Louis, Ali, Dempsey, Marciano and Holmes for me. Above Lewis, Tyson, Fury and Wlad

freelaw likes this.
  15. uppakut

uppakut Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2010
    This place will be very interesting if Joshua wipes usyk out. Joshua has nothing to lose because everyone thinks he has zero chance. If he loses its because he's a big stiff bodybuilder and usyk is the greatest ever.
    However if he wins the fan boys will have melt down and use every excuse in the book from
    " he put on too much weight", "he was worried about his relatives in Ukraine".
    Really looking forward to the fight regardless of the outcome

freelaw likes this.