Joshua and Whyte should step aside.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mighty, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Agree I just wanna see Fury vs Usyk

21 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Disagree

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Mighty

Mighty The Gypsy King banned Full Member

Sep 17, 2021
    We want to watch Fury vs Usyk as soon as possible. We got rid of Wilder recently. Joshua and Whyte might fight against each other again but they should step aside. I personally don't wanna see Usyk's another brutal beating on Joshua or Fury's beating on Whyte. These are just waste of time.

Thoughts?

Eastern Iron likes this.
  2. VBOX

VBOX JOURNEYMAN Full Member

Feb 8, 2012
    The likelihood of that happening? I don’t know. I will say this though. Fury vs Whyte makes me feel like this :sleep:

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Get da **** outta here Pendejo!

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. Mighty

Mighty The Gypsy King banned Full Member

Sep 17, 2021
    It can be a good fight for those who have trouble sleeping.

5. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    They should step aside. Perhaps they could fight each other while Fury and Usyk fight to determine the top HW. Joshua-Whyte winner gets Fury-Usyk winner. Unlikely I know, but most fight fans want to see Fury-Usyk.

6. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    No. Fury should step up for once. Fight a guy other than Wilder within the top 50. No more tune ups and bum fights. And he definitely has not earned another soft touch like Seferi. Make him fight a mandatory like other champions have. He only has 1 title defense

BubblesUK, kriszhao and dan4579 like this.
  7. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Why should AJ step aside he has a rematch against Usyk all signed up and legal.

Whyte is the mandatory, if Whyte is such a pointless match up surely Fury could dispose of him in double quick time, so no reason for Whyte to step aside.

If Fury is the fighting man he claims to be then get back fighting no long lay offs, it seems 'We' as you say want to see him in with Usyk, so Mr Fury make it happen, keep your fans happy get the mandatory out of the way pronto and you will be ready to go.

There is of course another World Heavyweight Champion with most of the belts namely Usyk , does he have a say on the matter? He will earn big bucks by fighting the guy he has just comprehensively beaten in AJ, is he likely to want to turn his back on that fight even if legally he could?

Finkel, BubblesUK and dan4579 like this.
  8. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    My only thought is AJ still sees Usyk as more beatable than Fury. Usyk will be a big pay day, and if he wins that he parlays that into a massive pay day vs Fury. Even if he loses a later fight against Fury will still be a huge pay day. If he steps aside and fights the winner it's true it would be a mega fight, but if he then lost that it's doubtful he'd be making $50mil the next time out.

I don't see any reason for Whyte to step aside. He's already an old 33. His only reason to would be if he backs AJ to take the unified crown, as I don't see a fight vs Fury now or a fight vs Fury/Usyk after unification being hugely different in sales.

9. dan4579

dan4579 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Hey Mighty…I think maybe you should step aside

Wizbit1013 and Reinhardt like this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    This. Why would Usuyk not want AJ? More money to fight a fighter his already beaten.

Fury should face his mandatory. Nobody was calling for AJ to swerve his mandatory in Usyk and if he didn't fight usuyk nobody would have defended AJ. They would have said he was ducking Usuyk.

kriszhao and KernowWarrior like this.
  11. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Yeah, the fight to make is Usyk-Fury, no doubt. Usyk clearly beat AJ and Fury clearly beat Wilder already in the first fight.

But as long as the winner of Usyk-AJ and Fury-Whyte face off afterwards it's alright. But the fight for the undisputed is the only one that really matters.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    JOSEY WALES likes this.
  12. Kishnabe

Kishnabe Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    Like they will step aside.

Want Fury and Whyte first, just for the press conference. Both can talk smack, will be better than the fight.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Fury V Usyk for the real UNDISPUTED Champ title ( its what every true fan of the sport wants aye )? **** all this re match clause rubbish , years ago if you lost you LOST no second bite of the cherry to feed greedy promoters, there's only one Champ really let's see if it's Ty or Usyk anything else is just noise .