Joshua Buatsi signs for Boxxer

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DramaShow, Mar 15, 2023.

1. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    You forgot Tommy Fury, he's got a nice shiny belt they made up for him

Beale likes this.
  2. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    Tbf Binmen Wars sounds ace

nilrem, Accurate and Holler like this.
  3. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Very rare that I call a boxer a coward but I'm afraid that's what Buatsi is. He's been given ample opportunities. He doesn't deserve a decent pay day now.

Sampneb likes this.
  4. GDM74

GDM74 Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2021
    To be fair to Buatsi he turned down the £1m offer to fight bivol because the condition was he was tied into matchroom for a further 3 fights.
    Probably thinks it’s better for his career to not be tied in to matchroom and DAZN

5. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Buatsi is no loss in terms of star power and he isn't going to trouble the elite in the division. MR will be gutted that they've lost someone they have invested heavily in however they could have kept him and from what I understand waived the right to match the contract offered by Boxxer not because they out priced them but because Buatsi requested to leave and EH agreed. At the end of the day Buatsi and Hunter have no confidence, Hunter time and time again says he isn't ready.

6. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    258 management also seem to be losing a few fighters recently. Okolie, Buatsi and Ramla Ali off the top of my head.

Accurate likes this.
  7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    This content is protected

Buatsi mentions here that Bivol offer was part of a longer teem deal with Matchroom as well as the Yarde fight with Queensbury.

Surely he couldn't expect the Bivol fight being an 1 fight deal.

8. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I almost don't get what he has become, surely he either wants the money from the big fights or chance to win a title but he seems to want neither which is really odd, even if he doesn't want to face Bivol and get beat for a million, you would think he would jump at the chance at a big payday vs Yarde etc, such a random career and path he has taken

9. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    So isn't that Boxxer outpricing Matchroom then?

Astro likes this.
  10. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Based on last Saturday, I don't think Azeez is an easy fight. Could go either way to be honest.

11. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    He never expected it to be a 1 fight deal. He just explaining why he turned it down. his explanation is totally fair as he no longer wanted to fight on DAZN and wasn't interested in fighting on BT Sport long term.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  12. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    No

13. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Boxers are deserting Matchroom like rats on a sinking ship and you lot think Buatsi is the problem here?

Sonny1 and Frankie Blue Eyes like this.
  14. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    If the Bivol and Yarde fights meant him having to sign long term with Matchroom or Queensbury, then I don’t really blame him for turning them down.

15. Dancoyr

Dancoyr Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    His career is so underwhelming. A pro for nearly 7 years, hasn’t fought anyone of note, in fact he never seems to fight.

Accurate likes this.