Joshua Buatsi vs Craig Richards & Alen Babić vs Adam Balski + Robbie Davies Jr vs Javier Molina RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, May 21, 2022.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Nothing clear about that fight

Im fine with Buatsi winning but not wide at all

velagod likes this.
  2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Like I said it was very competitive fight. Spider must be a frustrating guy to train.

3. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I thought it was close but clear, I had no doubt Buatsi had won even if Spider was always in it and was the better fighter in the latter rounds.

moog likes this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Where did I say I wasn't impressed with the fight. I was just laughing at you making the most predictable post ever after this fight. Guess it's on brand.

On that showing I think Yarde against either of them is a very good fight. I wouldn't be confident picking Richards over Yarde but I'd probably go with Buatsi now but there would be fireworks.
    Both have a better jab than Yarde but both are quite easy to hit and Yarde does carry a good amount of pop to keep them more honest.

5. von trapp

von trapp Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Worse things wrong with boxing but main event start times are a massive bugbear of mine. 1st Bell 10.00 latest. Stick it on at 9.00 perhaps then the kids staying up can see as well. Put a feature bout on after. Wood Conlan started late as well

6. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    All the Matchroom lot like Chris Lloyd used to slag Warren’s shows off for empty seats and late main events but it was exactly the same last night and has become the norm for Matchroom shows.

7. von trapp

Feb 10, 2012
    Yep Mathcroom start times have been creeping later and later.

8. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Agree. I'm long past the regular "out late on Saturday night" routine, and if I ever was, boxing wouldn't be top priority anyway. Barely made it to the end of last night's fight, lying in bed with the wireless on.

9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    You can forgive late headliners if it's either a huge fight or you really do have a stacked undercard. Last nights chief support was yet another tedious 10 round women's fight, the second one of the evening, and despite what some might claim, the reality is no one cares about them and they completely suck the atmosphere out of the whole thing. I enjoyed Buatsi/Richards when it finally arrived, but getting there felt like a real chore.

crixus85 and aaaaa like this.
  10. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    By the time the main event came around I was pretty much asleep. Can remember about 3 rounds. The undercard was boring and drawn out whereas if it was good I doubt I’d have fallen asleep.

Erik likes this.
  11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I came close to turning off when I saw there was still a 10 round women's fight to go before the main event. People calling for these fights to be upped to 3 minute rounds need to be sectioned.

12. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    and Chantelle Cameron has had the cheek to say Matchroom aren’t pushing her enough. Her last 2 fights have been main event and co main event at the O2. Does she want them to book Wembley out for her or something.

Erik likes this.
  13. von trapp

Feb 10, 2012
    Wheres Jurgen by the way? Has his mum turned his internet off?

destruction likes this.
  14. Alien Cookie

Alien Cookie New Member banned Full Member

May 20, 2022
    This content is protected

Virgil Hunters reaction to Eddie Hearn suggesting Beterbiev next says it all! at 4.55

15. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Probably because he has been a naughty downloading filth.

von trapp and aaaaa like this.