Joshua Buatsis bum carousel continues

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Is it confirmed he’s fighting Kovalev?

2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    **** boxrec rankings

NasalSpray likes this.
  3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    If Buatsi isn’t fighting for a title in 2 years time I’d be very shocked.

That’s how far in Yarde is. He’s 4 years deep in to the pro game, Buatsi is approaching 2 and in them two years he’s moving at a much quicker pace than Yarde did. Yarde was only fighting for a southern area title in his 11th fight, Buatsi is british champion after 10!

Beez, Suspect.chin and velagod like this.
  4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Buatsi is an Olympian. He performed very well at the Olympics. Yarde is an ex footballer with virtually no amateur experience. It goes without saying that Yarde’s path to the top will take more fights than Buatsi.

Bottom line is that Buatsi is clearly ready to be pushed to fringe world level now based on the eye test. Most people here pick holes in Yarde’s ability and say he’s a KO waiting to happen yet insist that he moves up to world level immediately. Major hypocrisy.

And I’ve slated Yarde in the past for some of his opponents so no one better play the “you hate Eddie Hearn” card in reply to this post.

Suspect.chin and NasalSpray like this.
  5. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Bad comparison because you are ignoring their amateur experience.

Thats like saying Lomachenko and Daniel Dubois have had around the same number of pro fights so they should be fighting similar level opposition!

You can't just ignore amateur experience!

6. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    You don’t ignore it but being a good amateur doesn’t guarantee you success as a pro as MANY have found out!

7. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Yarde is putting this lad to shame

NasalSpray likes this.
  8. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I’m not debating that Buatsi needs to be pushed on, I’m all for it. Just like I am with Yarde. I don’t see anyone saying Buatsi shouldn’t be pushed on? In fact only you and Nasal Spray are suggesting that even though he’s won the British title he should be fighting british level opponents.

With Yarde I’ve stated many times he should go for the EBU or fight a top 20 fighter because he’s ranked number 1 in the world and still hasn’t done that yet. If I was advising him I wouldn’t be taking the Kovalev fight yet in London or in Russia but if he does then hats off to him.

Yarde gets abuse and has been getting abuse because he’s been stuck at the same level of Euro bum for a while now and hasn’t really advanced his level of opponent. If Buatsi starts doing that then feel free to criticise.

In the mean time if Yarde does take on Kovalev as I’ve said I’ll be fully behind him.

9. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    The comment about the British fights is in response to Hearn insinuating Yarde is a ducker because he won’t fight any of the Matchroom LHWs. Why doesn’t Hearn put them against each other, they are great fights for the fans... In any event, Buatsi fighting Burton or Johnson would be step ups. He hasn’t fought anyone of note and his win over Quinlan should be a DQ loss.

Bottom line is that Warren offered Buglioni £100k to fight Yarde and Hearn dismissed it as a bad offer. Enough said.

10. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    He’s insinuating he’s a ducker because he hasn’t fought at British level whatsoever! As any normal person would he thinks there’s a reason for that.

Johnson vs Burton or Buatsi isn’t a fight for the fans, I’m a fan and have no wish to see it at the minute. I’d rather Buatsi push on for a European title and then on to world level. Johnson is what he is, he’s exciting but he’s not very good. He’s going to make his money on the fringe world level circuit and as for Burton I think he’s a dark horse in the lightweight scene but first of all I think he needs to get fit and active and get a few quick succession fights out the way.

11. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Frank Warren offered £100k for Buglioni to fight Yarde and Hearn rejected it. That was a completely fair offer. It’s not right to say that Yarde hasn’t fought anyone at British by choice. They also wanted to box the bloke who Johnson just flattened. Not many people want to fight Yarde so you can’t blame him for that.

305th likes this.
  12. InsideJab

InsideJab Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2015
    They both need a step up now. The difference is that Yarde has needed a step up for about two years. Yarde is no spring chicken and age doesn’t care about your amateur experience, he desperatly needs to step on it before he misses his bodies peak performance years and suffers financially in the long run for it. I feel for Yarde but he’s man enough to tell Tunde where to go, it’s clear who the problem is

Scissors likes this.
  13. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Frank even upped the Buglioni offer too £130k...
    They also tried to get Ricky Summers some time ago, who admitted he received a good offer, but he wanted to fight under matchroom and not Frank for some bizarre reason.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  14. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    So 8 days to go and Buatsi is fighting vs TBA :lol:

I am glad with Yarde stepping up that Buatsi will take over the bum carousel full time

CutThroatFade likes this.
  15. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hang on! Buatsi just won the British title, that’s way better than any of Yardes wins

He’s about to get found out one way or another if and when he steps in the ring with krusher

Scissors likes this.