Joshua casuals

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Grooveongreg, Apr 18, 2017.

1. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Agree with a few others on this thread, the people complaining about Joshua having a big casual following are now more annoying than casual fans.

It's great for the sport imo, hopefully he keeps winning and attracting new fans to the sport who will then gradually learn about other fighters and become true fans. We were all once in the same boat as 'casuals' before developing a genuine love for the sport.

It will also shut Tyson Fury up or inspire him to make a comeback. Joshua losing to Wlad completely sets the division back, as he probably only has 1 or 2 fights left in him after that and then we are left with no real stars or super-fights to carry it forward.

DannyBhoy likes this.
  2. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Empty cans at that.

3. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Joshua is da best as he has abs and Fury is fat .

4. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Its the way he does it though

Hes very sharp and powerful

5. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I wouldn't mind Joshua winning but I certainly wouldn't be gutted if he ended up on his backside either.

I am definitely no 'super fan' who wants people to lose because they're popular in order to be cool. In fact many people on here are far more knowledgable than me so I have no right behaving like that. However, the problem I have is Anthony Joshua is a world champion professional boxer and has only been hit properly ONCE in his career. That just can't be right. He's a multi millionaire and is yet to fight anyone other than Whyte who wanted to fight back. He has millions of fans because of his muscles and not his boxing ability, I just find it all a bit silly and phony. Eddie Hearn has done a very good job with him.

If he beats Wlad I'll happily give him credit as I did after the Whyte fight and I agree it would be better for the division but I'm not ashamed to say I'd be made up to see his brigade of fans in horror and shock haha.

Grooveongreg and Work the body like this.
  6. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    They'll be even worse when AJ blasts Wlad out. Which he clearly will. This is a prime, monstrous being against an inactive, shot to bits, 41 year old former great. Watch the heavyweight fights of the past to see how this ends.

7. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    At least they'll have some reason too

Have no issue with giving props when situable

8. Morpheus

Morpheus New Member Full Member

Nov 25, 2016
    I couldn't agree more mate. I wish AJ the best but casuals and the media **** me off to another level, where i want him to lose just to see the hype die down lol. But Tyson Fury in my mind is still the best British heavyweight, not to mention the game needs personalities like his.

Bensub likes this.
  9. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Joshua casuals have always been out of their minds talking nonsense from day one lol

10. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Vlad totally outclassed Joshua in sparring not too long ago..............how much has Joshua improved and how much has Vlad gone down hill? Joshua will have to have improved a lot to even compete with Vlad and Vlad will have had to have gone down hill a lot, but Vlad looks really fantastic in camp, lateral movement, head movement, speed, power, great footwork, balance, defense, stamina, he hasn't looked this good in a long time, in years, probably up for this fight more than any other since the inception of his career..........so don't expect a one round knockout, not even an early knockout, it will probably go into the late rounds where Vlad has the bigger advantage, or it really could end fairly early, fans forget that Vlad can punch extremely hard, his left hook is fantastic, his right hand, hook off the jab, his power jab, etc., watch Vlad Vs. Shufford in Vegas, you will see the shortest left hook in boxing history, it traveled only a few inches.................his left is tricky, can come very quickly. I think he might be aggressive in this fight..............but in an intelligent way. He can set things up, which is where the experience come into play, he thinks ahead...............Vitali said that Vlad will win this fight if he is focused, that age will not be a factor, Vlad is ripped...............there are a lot of questions about his fight which makes it interesting, this is a fight worth paying for.....................Joshua has nothing to lose, he has a rematch clause for good reason, plus Steward trained both Vlad and Lewis, really good trainer who helped both become dominant heavyweights............Vlad has power, Joshua has power, but Vlad has the the much better defense. If Whyte can stagger Joshua, hurt him, then Joshua can be hurt by the much more powerful/skilled Vlad................so this fight can go either way.................

11. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Who are you trying to convince? You post the same thing over and over...

Re the sparring, from the horse's mouth...

We were pretty competitive. We respect each other, but both competitive. There was no dominance from either of us. It was pretty equal.
    Wladimir Klitschko

http://www.skysports.com/joshua/news/34644/10816350/12

zulander likes this.
  12. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    When have you known Wlad to say otherwise ?

13. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Casuals know nothing about boxing and are easily pumped up by easy wins vs cans and faded bums, always been the way.

Legend X likes this.
  14. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    When did I say I had?