Joshua has to take a risk against Fury?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CroBox29, Apr 6, 2021.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Wilder doesn`t have AJ`s craft though, but yes his jab is very undrrated, his 1-2 is a thing of beauty.

kim_jong_un likes this.
  2. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    I've said it before but I think Joshua needs to stick behind his jab, keep Fury at distance and try to land a big right.

I genuinely don't see an all action slug fest ending well for him. Fury has a better chin, better reactions and a better gas tank. Joshua doesn't cope well fighting at a fast tempo.

3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Fury looks good infighting with someone who only knows how to throw a right hand. If Fury wants to fight then that makes it all the more easier for Joshua to land his counters and unlesh his combos.

4. kim_jong_un

kim_jong_un Member banned Full Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Show me footage of Joshua landing good shots while being chest to chest with his opponent. You won't because there is none. He tried to throw his uppercut while chest to chest with paint dry Parker, Parker slipped literally every single one of them.

Furious and Eastern Iron like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Exactly. People lazily like to say that because Joshua looks like the type of fighter who'd be good at that sort of thing.

kim_jong_un likes this.
  6. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    This content is protected

There you go. Anyway lets hypothetically say Fury is the better inside fighter, for Fury to even get to Aj he's got to press the action from mid-long range like he did against Wilder and that's where he would get blasted out, because for Fury to get on the inside he's gotta move forward and get past Aj's midrange attacks. Fury walked Wilder down but he slowly moved Forward and established a jab to do it and since Wilder is a one trick pony he couldn't do anything. Fury didn't eat Wilders shots while steamrolling into him or slip on the inside like Mike Tyson or Joe Frazier at all. He would attempt to walk Aj down and get countered to hell or get forced on the backfoot after catching or dodging combinations. There's this myth going around that Fury is the best infighter since Lennox Lewis and Aj is going to get mauled and both are most definitely not the case :lol: i can see it happening if Aj gasses but besides that absolutely not

Even in the Wallin fight when he pressed the action he was catching hands and in addition to that when Fury tried to bury his head into Wallins chest he was vulnerable to a multitude of uppercuts. Imagine if that was Aj in the ring.

Have you taken a look at Fury's latest pictures ? He's slimmed down. Because the likely hood is that he knows trying to brawl with Joshua is the worst possible thing he could do. he'll probably box and move, because why in the hell would he be loosing weight if he's planning to fight aggressively and lean all over Aj ? Answer me that

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  7. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    He doesn’t have to do anything special. It is a winnable fight. I do lean to Fury (he’s the rightful favourite) but if AJ comes in great condition, keeps it long but throws in combinations he can win the fight.

8. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I don't see Fury doing that. Fury might get tagged a couple of good ones, but he'll run and do his usual. I don't expect this to be a particularly exciting fight...I'm just going to wait until it's on youtube, and hope Wilder gets a non-bum fight in the next year.

9. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Thats what i mean. Fury will easily outbox Aj if they fought a chessmatch. It wont even be close if that was the case. Klitschko couldn't even outbox Fury

10. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Klitschko was an old man.

Dementia Pugulistica and Surrix like this.
  11. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Old and half lethargic Wlad. Western posters doesn't care about age, therefore Kovalev had beated up and exposed prime Hopkins.

12. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    But still, ancient Klitschko outboxed Joshua and was up on the cards imo until he got stopped. Joshuas boxing ability and movement is limited and nothing compared to Fury's so Joshuas best best is to walk him down and go to the body.

13. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I fancy Fury to outbox AJ but it's by no means a given. On the other hand AJ going for broke might leave him open to Fury catching him coming in. I think Fury only has average power but if AJ walks into his shots they will feel like boulders.

14. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Tbh Markus you've chosen the worst fight to show Joshua in a good light, imo the fef stepped in way to early & considering that Takum took that fight on something ridiculous like a fortnight notice Joshua was rubbish & saved by the ref.
    You mention Waliin, now he did very well & Joshua should pick this apart & imo, should really do his best to cut Fury. This is the only time I have seen Fury a bit ragged & not in his usual relaxed -in control flowing style, but it will mean Joshua will have to get a bit like Whyte when/if he cuts Fury, Really bulldoze ,maul, foul & then he might get somewhere ,he has the strength& power but does he have the beleif when gets tough...

15. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Wasn't referring to the stoppage, he asked for an example of Joshua infighting and i showed him.

Wallin was giving Fury trouble before the cut because he pressured Fury and went the the body, he tagged Fury SEVERAL times but Fury got cut in round 3 i think and a few rounds after that Fury realized the fight might be stopped on cuts so he ended up trying to get him out of there but he couldn't. Even in round 12 he was stunned by a left hand from Wallin and Wallin started turning the fight around and landed his punches at will

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.