Joshua is going to duck Joe Joyce he WILL vacate

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Thought he was already ducking Usyk, oh wait…

BubblesUK and sword like this.
  2. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Joshua would batter Joyce to pieces. He's easier than guys AJ has already fought. It is to laugh

:lol:

BubblesUK and Oreet Cha! like this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Far too many people sleeping on Joyce here

If he gets a shot, you watch him trouble whoever has a belt

4. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Joyce will pose trouble for anyone

Do I see him beating AJ though? No.

5. xnico

xnico New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    Joe Joyce closest thing to George Foreman

6. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Yeah with Joshua facing his current WBO mandatory in Usyk, Joyce won't see a shot until he's faced his WBA and IBF mandatories, plus we may have him face Fury at least twice after Fury bury's what's left of Wilder. So with Joshua fighting twice per year at most Joyce gets his shot in 3 years time.

But I disagree in Joshua/Joyce playing out like the Breazeale fight. Joyce fights nothing like Breazeale. Breazeale's just a big, crude, but pretty tough guy with little guile to his game. Joyce has a far better jab, head and upper body movement and apart from Usyk and Fury has the best movement in the division even superior to Joshua's. I'd favour Joshua but I think Joyce will be a stern test, especially if the fight goes late and Joyce is able to sustain a pace that could see Joshua gas out.

7. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Please, please tell me what Joe Joyce has done that would make AJ so scared. Who has he beaten? I'm not denying he's a good fighter, but at 35 years old his toughest opponent has been Dubois, and his next opponent will be Takam, who Chisora defeated, and Takam is arguably the same level as Dubois.

Joyce has a fantastic chin, and is physically a beast, but technically speaking he's not on the same level as those at the top.

AJ will cruise to a UD vs Joyce. His skills are far superior.

8. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    felt a little bit of bile push into my throat reading that.

9. James Hudson

James Hudson Active Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Blimey Joshua has just signed up to fight Uysk after the Fury fight didnt happen. Now im assuming if Joshua and Fury win their next fights that they will then go on to sort out a deal to get their match up finalised......yet we have posts talking about Joshua ducking Joyce!?!? The way things could be shaping up thats a fight that WONT happen till late 2022 at best

BubblesUK likes this.
  10. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    Possibly, but Joyce is way too hittable to last an entire fight with AJ. He will get his bell rung at least a couple times per round and eventually it will be one time too many.

11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Joe Joyce is an awkward tough fight for any top heavyweight and world champion.

12. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    It's kind of funny how people who doesn't know **** about boxing repeating the same stupid phrases about Joyce they made before the DUbois fight...

"He's stiff, slow, can't punch, too hittable....Dubois will literally kill him and land plenty of power shots and stop him inside 4"...

Ok, folks.

That was a good one. :risas3:

The only thing that got killed in that fight was Dubois' orbital bone and will to fight.

I'm not saying Joyce beats AJ but it's a much closer matchup than people think it is. Joyce can take a good punch. He's a big guy. And he has a very good and consistent jab and can break you down. He's also super awkward, throws from crazy angles. His engine is very good too. Personally i'd pick AJ but it might be very competitive as long as it lasts. Wouldn't be shocked to see Joyce winning before AJ might land a kill shot mid/late.

13. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Joyce always gets hated on..

Just cos you aren't pretty in there doesn't mean you aren't effective...

Nobody will walk through Joyce ffs...

Some people are so blinkered it's unbelievable.

14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Im possibly bonkers but i think Joyce is my favourite HW

15. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    AJ would not duck Slow Joe