Joshua now the firm #2 British heavyweight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by On The Money, Feb 22, 2020.

1. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Fury and Joshua has Khan vs Brook vibes to me. Or Price vs Fury before David was exposed to Tony Thompson. Fury could have made the fight with Joshua by now. But for personal reasons didn't. And it does sound silly, but both knocked him out in sparring. And he seemed reluctant to fight them .

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    You what ?
    Fury was knocked out in sparring by who ?

3. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Joshua beat him up in training camp. And Price beat him in sparring and in the amateurs, there was a little brief rivalry between them and Fury lost his temper when people saying he was ducking David Price when he was knocking guys out left and right. It's old news I know, but Tyson did look like he was avoiding the plumber back then. Any how he defeated Chisora and went on to bigger better things.

4. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Because the only reason AJ even has them is because fury got stripped of thr IBF and then had his wobble so got relieved of the rest.

If Fury hadnt been stripped immediately by the IBF and also defended the belts in the rematch with Wlad it's likely AJ would never even become a world champion.

5. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    That’s just an abridged list of things that happened which resulted in him losing the belts, none of it means they’re rightfully his.

6. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Not true

This content is protected

7. Yatezy

Yatezy Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I'm an AJ fan but I've always thought Fury beats him.

Wilder had the best tool set to beat Fury as he could bang and was quick with it. He spends a full 12 clowning Joshua from the outside. Doubt he roughs him up like last night though.

8. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    AJ's resume is far better than Wilder's. It's not even close.

9. Paul1970

Paul1970 New Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    are you really saying that fury is running scared of Joshua ?.

10. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    It's two very good wins better. That's all. He also has a loss to Andy Ruiz. Wilder has a loss and contentious draw to Fury but AJ never faced anyone as good as Fury.

11. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I think Fury is amazing - a true maverick - and have long been an admirer of his abilities, and he continues to impress.
    But Joshua, who I feel has been overrated and overhyped in the past, would be a really serious challenge for any version of Fury.
    Joshua's improved as well, and he's incredibly driven, incredibly professional, a real competitor, and an immense talent in his own right.
    I wonder if Fury being favourite in a big fight like that would be a bit of a curse on him. He's thrived on having so many disbelievers.

Brixton Bomber and Momus like this.
  12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Great point.

13. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    The Ring has been awarding titles since it was first published in 1922, so Floyd Patterson was the first to win the Ring title twice.

If we're talking about since the titles were reintroduced in 2001 and became separate from lineage, Fury is indeed the first to win it twice. He's only the 4th heavyweight champion at all under those terms, after Lewis, Vitali and Wlad.

Completely agree that Fury is now the Man in the division, and it isn't open for rational debate.

N17 likes this.
  14. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Thank you for beating me to it. No doubt this will be dismissed as people hate being objective or admit they were wrong.

This is evidence that Joshua didn't bash up Fury in sparring. Testimony from Joshua's old coach who had just been gifted a car by AJ lol.

It was clearly Fury being Fury. Telling tales as usual.

Furious likes this.
  15. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Considering that only Fury has beaten one of the top three it obviously puts him at the top.