Joshua/Parker talks has stalled, according to Parker's promoter.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    and it will get made at that I reckon,still a bloody good pay day

Serge likes this.
  2. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Yep nothing new,seems to be the way nowadays,jostling back n forth on social media,all they doing is selling the fight and this will happen at 70/30.

3. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    That sounds fair to me.

Can you provide a solid source for this information please? Preferably a direct quote from Eddie Hearn himself.

4. Guybino

Guybino Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    It will get done, it is annoying with all the nit-picking but will be signed soon. Both sides would take huge criticism if it falls through now, not as much as Shrek for asking 50/50 though.

We all know the winner will face Hagrid as soon as he grows some balls, question is: the winner will have 4 belts so what split would they offer him?

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Parker has the WBO belt.
    That's worth something because if a title-less challenger with box-office appeal or big financial backers comes along, Parker will be paid a lot to defend against him.
    Anything can happen.
    Boxing's always been this way. The belt is a bargaining chip. It doesn't matter what Parker's current box office record is, the belt is valuable because there are so many potential contenders for it.

Parker's not asking for 50%.

like a boss likes this.
  6. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    “Global heavyweight unifications happen once every ten years or less, the last undisputed champion was Lennox Lewis,” Higgins explained to talkSPORT.com.

“He [Joshua] is quoted as saying: ‘I’m not about the money’, but we’re offering a unification, we’re offering 65% and he doesn’t want to take the fight. We dropped from 50% to 40% to 35%, but then Joshua starts crowing about Federer, Nadal, Ali and Foreman.

“Sort your s*** out, Roger Federer didn’t quibble about percentages! The British fans are fooled. He shouldn’t mention Ali or Foreman. You think they would quibble over 35%? It’s embarrassing. We’ll give him a rematch clause and he won't take the fight, there is no excuse. 35% shows we’re confident. The fact he won’t accept that… he should be ashamed of himself.”

like a boss likes this.
  7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    AJ should offer Donkeypotamus a bag of carrots and a bail of hay.

8. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Why does the split always have to be a multiple of 5?

I know it might be hard for boxers to understand decimals but just make it 67.5/32.5 and be done with it!

greenhornet likes this.
  9. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    they should keep it all in house
    parkers promoter seems young and childish and embarrasing to his fighter
    i presume he is trying to shame hearn into paying more money.

briggs tatics were the same and i found them equally benal

i think the fight will take place / parker will take less than the percentages talked about i am guessing because an AJ FIGHT will bring him more exposure and t least 5 yomes more than he can get facing someone else.

parker comes across himself as a decent bloke / i watched the fury weigh in when you had all the fury hangers on taunting and behaving like total pricks and he never let it get to him.

10. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    jesus come on... it's not like they are negotiating the Palestinian peace deal. its a damn fight

ryuken87 likes this.
  11. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol donkey potamus,how come Wilder with Al Haymon a guy who has just made the two biggest grossing fights of all time in Floyd v PAC and Floyd v McGregor two huge grossing fights where the opponents took home over 100 million,how come Wilders team are begging Hearn for this pay day and talking of 50/50 splits when Al Haymon could theoretically bring as much to the table?
    I can only presume Al Haymon doesn’t think much of his heavyweight champ on account of him fighting in Alabama in front of one man and his dog and the fact that most Americans don’t have a clue who Deontay Wilder is,didn’t someone on here say Haymons other guys like Chickenson gets more than Wilder per fight,says it all I think.

Anyway thing is not to get too caught up in this as it just seems like the modern way of negotiating whereby the B side takes to social media asking for this and that and then A side responds,it’s all just a way of selling the fight and same goes for Parker’s team,that fight will also get made at 70/30.

One last point I’m surprised Wilders asking for 50/50 as he’s never come close to taking on a 50/50 fight,maybe Hearn should turn round and say seeming as though you’re so keen on taking on opponents who only have a 90/10,80/20 chance in winning that’s what you’re worth in coin lol.

Serge and latineg like this.
  12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Grotesque misplaced sense of entitlement. AJ is the A-Side, the draw, the star, the cash cow, Donkeypotamus is a circus sideshow freak managed and promoted by a tranny loving sexual deviant and an insufferable pot-bellied loudmouth who looks like a tortoise with AIDS.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  13. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Parker needs to keep his eye on the prize and stay focused on Fujimoto and conquer to gain the upper hand over everyone in boxing. It is the win everyone will be talking about. :icon_tfno:

14. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    If not AJ, it will be Browne.

15. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Well, Whyte is saying that he is the reserve option.