Joshua: Passion...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Aug 6, 2019.

1. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I think that's why he was pushing so hard for the Wilder fight. He knew he was potentially fighting someone that would knock him out if he wasn't dialled in.

Little did he know Ruiz also had the capabilities to do this. I think it's also why he now has the hunger for the rematch

2. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Look at his life, he wants the easy life to everything, his thought as a youngster to make money, wasn't to get a job, it was to sell drugs, now as a boxer he has to put in proper work and he don't want to, I'd imagine he finds the boxing training boring and would rather just lift weights for hours

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Oneirokritis and Suspect.chin like this.
  3. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Pushing so hard for Wilder fight..!!!! wtf

It was the equivalent of someone doing the old 'HOLD ME BACK HOLD ME BACK '...

Inglis_1 likes this.
  4. tee_birch

Jul 6, 2014
    I meant if you heard him talk you could tell Wilder was the fight he wanted.

Whether his handlers wanted it (which they didn't) is another story

5. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He literally did not want the Wilder fight ......I have no idea how you think that?

Cn you imagine Wilder knocking him over 4 times?

6. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    But he won’t though will he, cause he’s got passion this time.

7. tee_birch

Jul 6, 2014
    Yes - he wouldn't be getting ridiculed like he is now because it was Wilder that did it...

8. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    If he gave up once, he'll give up again and again whenever the hard questions are asked of him.

tdf1974 and Twentyman like this.
  9. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Until Ruiz starts consistently goes to the body and drags Joshua into the trenches, and poses questions which Joshua won't like or even possess the answers to.

10. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Watched it again today for the craic and Ruiz gets the better from the start. AJ lands a few nice punches but Ruiz gobbles them up and lands enough of his own to keep AJ unsettled throughout. Then the big exchange comes and we know what happens after that.

I can't wait for this rematch. I actually worry a little for Ruiz's motivation. People keep talking about AJ's motivation/passion but what about Ruiz? He's reached mount Everest when no one expected it. Set his family up for life. Not like he was a guy who was disciplined before this fight. He was on Joe Rogan talking about people getting out of their cars at drive throughs etc. I hope he's staying in the gym and works his arse off in camp. If he does, the rematch is his to lose because he's better than AJ in almost every department.

11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    It’s a fair point about motivation. It’s reassuring to hear him say that he doesn’t know anything else but fighting. I got the impression he’s wanted to be busier in the past than he had been but when he only had one fight left with Bob Arum, they dragged it on and on and he ended up inactive.

The rematch will secure his family’s financial future so it’s all about legacy now. I think he’s an extremely proud Mexican who holds the fact that he’s Mexico’s first heavyweight world champ like a badge of honour. That’s a big thing for him so I think he’ll have plenty of motivation for the rematch.

Oneirokritis and Hattonmad like this.
  12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I hope so. It'd be nice to see him defend a few times before big Tyson gets him.

Oneirokritis and Twentyman like this.
  13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I really like the kid. He certainly makes the heavyweight division a bit more fun.

14. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    A lot of imagining - I imagine Ruiz trains on a diet of snickers bars and hoola hoops. Doesn’t mean I’m right on the hoola hoops though.