Joshua - Pulev... Las Vegas!?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BigCal94, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    York Hall hopefully for this fight against Pudding Pulev

DON1 likes this.
  2. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Who's first? Ortiz or Pulev? Hearn should work on getting Wilder into the ring with Joshua, but I just don't think Wilder will come near Joshua and I know Haymon won't.................but that could be a big draw...............although a mismatch...............Joshua by knockout!!!

3. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Pulev will be first as he is the much easier out of the two, I still believe Ortiz could give AJ serious problems even though most people think he's too old. If AJ's next 3 fights are Pulev, Ortiz then Wilder I'm ok with that.

4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Apart from the Fury's, I don't see anyone being a threat in the heavyweight division to AJ. I'm not sold on him in terms of movement and skill but I admire his athleticism and sheer power. I think apart from working on his skills, the big thing he would have learnt from that Klitschko fight more than any other is learning to pace himself. He knows he will get that second wind now but he also knows he can punch himself out and it's good knowing your limits.

zulander and BoxingABC1 like this.
  5. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Since you used the plural, I take it you are implying that Hughie would be a threat to AJ? Seriously? :risas3:

Tyson wouldn't even be a threat and wouldn't last 3 rounds.

6. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I give Pulev a better chance than McG vs Money.

7. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    The Tyson that beat Wlad would give AJ a real tuff fight. Agile, Throws from weird angles, can volume punch and has the size and potentially chin to stand up to AJ's assault. Tyson will never fight again so its a mute point but that would have been a real interesting fight.

Hughie - i could see AJ over powering him but even so he's a good boxer and a good boxer with decent movement can often offset a power disadvantage and Hughie is still very young for a heavy,

8. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Mate, them lads didn't turn up at a gym at 18 and start learning to box, they're travellers, they started fighting as soon has they could stand upright. Fighting or more specifically boxing, is part of their culture to resolve not only personal disputes but family ones. I would bet that both Tyson and Hughie judging on their size were fighting grown men in their early teens. Winning these fights weren't about just knocking the other fella out either, but about outboxing them till the people round them had seen enough and told them to "shake hands now".

In a pro ring, Tyson is a lot taller and bigger than AJ. He possesses fantastic skill and movement. If a fighter does somehow work is way round that tremendous jab he then either dances out the way or ties them up in that huge, heavy frame. It would be reminiscent of Haye vs Klitschko.

Hughie is a bit shorter but the same height as AJ and is movement and skill would also provide a ton of problems for AJ.

They're whole style is not stiff and robotic, it's fluid. They don't care about KO's and so they're relaxed with their movement and shots. Neither of them would stop AJ but he'd have a nightmare with both. Tyson would beat him no problems. And I'm a fan of both AJ and the Fury's.

destruction likes this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Pulev has a chance if he boxes the fight of his left behind the jab and doesn't get bullied.
    I imagine he's going to choke a bit though.

10. Billy-Willins

Billy-Willins R.I.P Sir Bobby Robson Full Member

May 1, 2009
    Mate, let's be honest they are taught to rob steal cheat and lie before learning anything about boxing ..... usually their pvt fights look a mismatch and neither man wants to hit each other they don't even talk a good fight....... I like Tyson Fury but stop trying to make out they are some sort of special talents due to heritage...... Wlad was conned out of that title in the ring in a Boxing Sense but in a typical Gypsie fashion..... and it won't ever be repeated and they know this which is why Tyson now does not want to know .... they couldn't follow it through as they got mega lucky and they know it. Good luck to Hughie but I don't see anything ....

11. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Apart from Klitchko coming out with a monster left hook and taking him completely out with it Pulev got to fight for the title cos he was a really tough cooky. If he takes AJ's best shots for 6/7 rounds then I wouldn't be surprised that there might be a real upset on the cards. Saw Pulev a couple of times live and he is titanium tough and maybe the Klitchko fight was the kick up the arse he needed to work on things.

12. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I'm not saying their heritage gives them a 'special talent', but it puts them in an environment where fighting is normal. Particularly their family.

I'm not going to get into all the other stuff, that's your opinion.

13. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Yeah he's a live dog, he has a fair dig on him as well but it depends if he's going to want to mix it up with AJ. I remember one of the KD's form the Wlad fight he stood on one leg and poked his tongue out to show he was fine, guy has a mandible for sure.

14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I remember that on one leg, bloody hilarious!

15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Pulev looked pretty bad against Kevin Johnson in his last fight.
    But Johnson makes a lot of fighters look bad. Johnson stinks the joint out very well.

Thing is, Pulev will be fighting the only guy who looked pretty devastating against Johnson.