Joshua v Ibragimov

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingViewer, Mar 25, 2023.

1. BoxingViewer

BoxingViewer Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2016
  2. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Joshua, probably in a boring fight...

3. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Ibragimov is a much better and versatile version of Andy Ruiz Jr. Thus, Ibragimov beats Joshua.

4. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Unfortunately, Ibragimov did not hang around long enough to really show us everything. He beat some good old fighters like Holyfield and Briggs but was about 10 lbs overweight and should have lost to Ray Austin. I have not watched the Klitschko fight in a long time (shocker!) All I remember was Ibragimov seemed to crouch a little and was looking to lure Wlad down into a counter and Wlad was too smart to fall for it. What ensued was a paw and pose fest where Wlad won a wide but boring decision where neither guy sold out

I dont think Joshua is anywhere near as smart or skilled at boxing from range and using his height and reach. Joshua did move effectively against Ruiz but Ruiz was also way fatter in the rematch. I saw other guys like Pulev cut the gap on him without much difficulty and Joshua struggled mightily with the southpaw stance against Usyk (obviously Usyk brings more to the table than a stance). I feel Ibragimov is quick enough to get close to score but Joshua might be able to make him pay a heavy price coming in. Could be a less dominant version of the Wlad fight or a rendition of the Ray Austin fight where it is exciting at times though I dont think Joshua would hit the canvas like Austin did