Joshua v Ruiz Press conference

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Sep 3, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Haha quality. Deep down I reckon Tyson also wishes him luck at the end of these conversations. They both know that there’s a likelihood they could both make each other scores of millions down the line in a fight. They are like business partners really.

2. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    100%. It's PR.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Love that, hahaha.

Totally unrelated, but a friend of mine died a few months ago from a heart attack. He was 58, and was a lovable rogue and still built like a brick **** house at that age. He had quite the past but had eventually become a comedian. Which takes me to a random phone call he made to Jason Manford (before the success)...

Jason: (answers phone) Hello?
    Greg: Jase...got any tear gas?
    Jason: Eh?
    Greg: Oh, sorry, wrong Jason (puts phone down).

Leaving Manford baffled. It was him who told me about it and we wandered for ages what he wanted it for. Not sure why it reminds me of that but it made me chuckle.

305th and nurological like this.
  4. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Such a difference

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    @Canvassed you we’re saying...

You don’t just drop that much size from being out of camp. Joshua has been training every day from what I can see on social media and if anything the intensity of camp would actually make it harder to maintain muscle. I know the first picture is with a hormone induced pump but anyone who can’t see that Joshua has intentionally dropped some size here is in denial.

305th, Scissors and Heisenberg like this.
  6. Canvassed

Canvassed Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Doesn't actually look like that much difference to me. Welcome to lighting, pump and magazine shoot, compared to out of camp dark shot.

If you want an accurate side by side comparison just look at the press conference head to heads at both fight press conferences.

AJ himself says he doesn't care about weight, he focuses more on feel and how he feels in sparring.

7. Clarence Gianni

Clarence Gianni New Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
  8. Clarence Gianni

Clarence Gianni New Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
  9. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    loool!

Twentyman likes this.
  10. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Unforgiven likes this.
  11. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Aye there attempts at showcasing their nation by knocking off a journo last year failed. I suppose this has a little bit more legs to work.

ryanm8655 and Unforgiven like this.
  12. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    I would have so much more respect for them if they just come out and said "look we want money they offered us a lorry load of the stuff, deal with it"

13. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah 100% agree. Also there is a massive massive chance a load of slaves will die making the arena as well! Never been a fan of Hearn but he is vile

14. Canvassed

Canvassed Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2014
    I actually didn't mind the fight being in Saudi and was over the moon about the possibility of not having to watch womens boxing.

I hate how they force a womens fight on most PPV's now.

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Hearn and his little ***** lapdog (Frank Smith) should stick purely to boxing and stop trying to patronise people on ethical & political issues in which they are not more informed than the general public. Sell the fight, but have a little bit of respect for the fans in not selling that medieval country like some Saudi ambassador.