Joshua Vs Klitschko: the most boring build up ever to a fight of this magintude?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sugar 88, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this fight, rate AJ as a fighter and have the utmost respect for Wlad's achievements but the build up to this fight has been incredibly dull IMO. Two guys both trying to play face, it's been a very vanilla affair.

Can anyone think of as big a fight having an equally or more tame build up?

madballster likes this.
  2. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Yea it's promotions are boring, could you imagine a 24/7 hahaha omg that would be tuuurible -Charles Barkley voice

3. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    personally i dont care
    the fight sells itself
    that the 2 fighters are friends and are not atagonistic towards each other is obvious and so if they started getting in each others faces then it turns boxing into the WWF and fake.

in most sports it is the fans that create the rivalry / sometimes in boxing it is the fighters and the fans/ this particular fight / yes the build up is low key / but do i care, nope .

4. SambaKing

SambaKing Member banned Full Member

Feb 17, 2017
    It's boring but it's funny seeing Joshua being silently
    p1ssed off as he knows Wlad keeps playing his subtle mind games ie "face this way Anthony".

5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    As much as I love Wlad, he has the charisma of an awkward high school nerd, and AJ is a mumble mouth bore, so its not like they have much to work with.

6. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Joshua should have talked trash eating wlad children and Wlad should have bitten his legs lol
    Yep too civil of a build up.

7. Beyonce Wilder

Beyonce Wilder Active Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2015
    enjoy the boxing, not some silly trashtalking.

8. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    When they are pure nasty and threatening to each other in the build up we find it unsavoury and ask why they cant have humility and professional respect for each other. But when they do do that we start to miss people getting glassed, pretend decapitated, threats of eating children and a distinct lack of super hero,s jumping over tables.

Not a dig at the OP, im just as guilty. I would love a bit of niggle between the 2 of them. Odd thing is AJ usually brings a little bit of that, very subtly but he does do it. Im not seeing it here. AJ is viscious in the ring and doesnt want any form of friendliness between him and his opponant before hand, thats what he does, he isnt doing it this time.

9. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I don't actually condemn the theatrics in the way so many others do, I thought a mountain was made out of a molehill when Chisora threw that plywood table - for me the threat of 'getting someone after the fight' was a more serious infringement.

If you look at MMA, people like the people with a bit more more personality. Jon Jones is prob their best fighter but all people are interested in some Irish dude wearing flashy three piece suits, shouting obscenities at anyone in his sport.

10. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Be interesting to see PPV numbers. It does sell itself to us but does it to the casual? I think Haye Bellew could get more buys from casuals even though it's a complete mismatch and will be over in 3. And so close together might affect PPV numbers of the real big fight.

11. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    its not a big fight at all, its a staybusy for a young champ vs a faded legend.

12. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Wow, so Wlad's a legend, huh?

Last I heard from you he was begging change for admittance to the HOF.

13. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    think what you want, its whatyou are best at.

14. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    ^ Non-answer from Herol.

It's what HE's best at.

15. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I don't care about buildups. Usually when there's a big buildup the fight itself is a bitter dissapointment anyway.