Joshua vs Miller June 1st MSG

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Signed and sealed.

Let the moans commence.

lewis gassed and N17 like this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Personally think it is better fight than a rematch with Pudding Whyte, Pudding Parker or Pudding Takam.

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    The Whyte fight has happened and the result isn’t going to change. I don’t think Miller has a chance, I make Joshua 1/10 on at least but at least it’s a new face. His 5th out of the top 10 (excluding him). Wilder/Fury/Ortiz/Kownacki and Pulev who’s probably next are the rest he hasn’t faced.

4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Not fussed about watching as don’t rate miller but the fight makes sense...

Gatekeeper and N17 like this.
  5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I actually like this fight, I think Miller is a live dog here, gonna put some money on him. I don’t care what anyone says about Miller, but to fight such a heavy man who is technically not that bad and can hit hard is one hell of a tough task.

6. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Easy win for a AJ and makes sense to get a foot in the American market. But why all thid embarrassing bu ll**** these last few months? I think they did it to build interest etc and AJ has lost a lot of credibility over this, especially since the fury/wilder fight. Genuinely don't think anyone cares who he fights until he fights wilder or fury

7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I’m cool with the fight.

I think Miller could be a real problem for AJ if he can take his power and keep coming forward and working the body. I’m not saying he beats AJ, but if he did, it wouldn’t shock me in the slightest.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  8. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Whyte is a complete and utter idiot for turning down £5 million. Miller is VERY undeserving.

Pulev, who has done next-to-nothing to warrant a shot at AJ, is more deserving - and it's a better name on AJ's resume to have.

Miller is complete and utter dog sh*t. I'd laugh if he KO'ed AJ.

I'm just glad that those two money grabbing tossers have lost the Wembley date (and I'm not talking about Tyson & Wilder!).

9. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Underwhelmed if i’m honest. It doesn’t excite me at all. AJ’s going to really hurt him and even though Miller is clearly a durable lad, he’s going to absorb a lot of straight right hands from AJ who punches like a freight train. Miller doesn’t carry that single concussive punching power, he walks his opponents down but he’s going to be eating some big uppercuts.

I understand the reasoning behind the fight in terms of the commercial brand. It makes sense for AJ and he can make a big statement.

delboy82 and im sparticus like this.
  10. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yeah, it's a rubbish fight but you're right about it being someone else and at least AJ is fighting out of the UK for once.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  11. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    aj should win by ko but I wanted to see this fight.. miller needs to lose that 0

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  12. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Worth just to have AJ fight in the States I guess

13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I don't think Miller will take the fight.

14. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    I’d rather see Joshua fight Whyte again in a couple of years. Whyte is still gaining momentum and I wouldn’t really want to see it derailed with another inevitable defeat to Joshua. I’ve no problem with Miller if he can’t make Wilder or Fury. And it will be interesting to see how he copes with fighting in front of an away crowd.

Ilesey likes this.
  15. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    This is of more interest than the Whyte rematch and also builds AJ in the US.

If he can’t make either Wilder or Fury because of the Fury- Wilder rematch then this is the next best option.

TonyHayers likes this.