Joshua vs Miller June 1st MSG

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Feb 1, 2019.

1. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Pearls before-----lol

2. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Wisely or unwisely depending on your viewpoint(s), I include that in the 12 - 14 week pre fight training regime.

Just for balance, here is Millers 12 - 14 week camp. :eatingburger

3. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    i dont mind miller as an opponent
    he has the gift of the gab even if 80% of what he says is nonsense

but the fight should have been held in the uk in the april date
    by making it june 1st or 8th unless it is an easy blowout the n when is joshua next going to fight.?

puts a wembley fight this year most probably out of the picture because of the weather later in the year / so a cardiff event is the only option

imo miller unless he has a mccall type chin is made to measure for aj who will be able to land at will /

millers only chance is to have a granite chin /walk through aj and hope aj tires from his pressure /even then a stiff jab and tight defense negates millers offense which us treacle slow and poderous

Gatekeeper and Brixton Bomber like this.
  4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012

Total BS. Who were these 'top ten' fighters the Klits ducked? They fought everybody. Joshua makes big money because he's a Brit. If he was from his ancestral Nigeria he'd be on no ppv or Wembley and anybody with a brain knows it. Erse.

5. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Agreed. Wlad fought everyone.

I can’t think of anyone that Wlad ducked in his reign.

Patter983 and On The Money like this.
  6. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    If Joshua makes money only because he's a brit then why is he making unprecedented money in british boxing ? he's by far a bigger draw than the Klits ever could of been even if they were British anybody with a brain knows that. Being British helps but a lot of the star appeal comes from Joshua himself.

7. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I think Wlad largely fought everyone you'd expect him to. Vitali has a dreadful resume for a guy so highly rated. His comeback opponents were often absolutely shocking.

Not saying all of these were top class opponents, but Vitali was active in an era when Haye, Chagaev, Valuev, Ibragimov, Maskaev, Povetkin, Rahman and Liakhovic were all world champions at some stage, and he fought none of them.

8. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    in2009 Wlad had one fight against Chagaev
    The following were ranked in the top 10 that year.
    2 Povetkin. 8 Valuev. 9 Dimitrenko.3 Chambers. Haye 5.Arreola 6.
    2010 He had 2 fights, Chambers ranked no6.Peter unranked.
    2Haye. 3 Povetkin. 6 Adamek.7 Boytzov.8Valuev 9. Dimitrenko.
    10 Arreola.

2011 He had 1 fight Haye .
    Adamek3. Dimitrenko5.Helenius6.Boytzov7. Pulev 10.

2012 he fought Wach unranked ,Mormeck 9.and Thompson unranked.
    Pulev4.Adamek5.Helenius6Boytzov7.Fury10.

2013 He had 2 fights Povetkin ranked, Pianetta unranked.
    2014 he had 2 fights Pulev ranked, Leapai unranked.
    You can look up who else was ranked whom he could have fought that year .

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Who didn't he or Vitali fight? Who was in place 06 to 15 that he or Vits duck? C'mon then smartass.

10. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Imagine my surprise when out of

Fury
    Wilder
    Whyteleafe
    Ortiz

The chinny robots team manage to secure a dream bout against a three hunnit pound barrel of lard and sweat

“This guy can TALK koogs, big iosh is taking things personal, click red to see what I mean”

305th and Suspect.chin like this.
  11. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    I haven't once mentioned Vitali and I only mentioned Wlad in response to that muppet On The Money.Personally I cant see anything remotely wrong with AJ defending against Miller who is solid middle of the top ten,especially since 2 of the top 5 are tied into a rematch and he has already beaten 2 of the other 5.
    I'm not a Joshua fan but my eyes are open.I doubt I'll be on this forum much, I'm not impressed with much of the input.So that will be good news for those that include a personal insult in every response.
    I've found another boxing site where the quality of debate is significantly better than 24.I may give that a go if I can raise my own game which has deteriorated somewhat,"lie down with dogs"etc.

12. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    The big Elephant in the room here is Joshua has a very strong CV for someone with his amount of fights and less than 6 years pro most of the critism is unwarranted and fighters like Parker and Povetkin were killers b4 AJ iced them and our now puddings there would also be a lot more 0's around if it weren't for AJ and let's face it AJ's existence makes every HW bout bigger even when he's not fighting , he's great for the game I don't get the hate at all.

13. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    lel, classic!

14. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Joshua is 30 this year and instead of fighting Wilder or Fury, he is lining up a big Elephant in the ring.

Jamzy ⭐ likes this.
  15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Agreed, Wlad ducked no one, it just seems like he ducked people because his level of opposition was so bad (not his fault) and his fights were so boring.