Joshua vs Parker

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Octolony shore, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Joshua is 1/25 with the bookies, are they underestimating Parker?

2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Yes and I feel AJ will win.

3. robfosters

robfosters Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Tempted to snap up a bit of that 9/1 on Parker.

mcvey likes this.
  4. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    No. He’s ****. Other than Martin name a worse heavyweight champion. He’s honestly **** poor. And in reality he lost against a **** Hughie fury.

5. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    All the casuals in the uk will be piling in on AJ, thats why there are these skewed odds.

Takam who is far inferior to Parker took AJ into the later rounds, and AJ needed a British stoppage to keep his 100% KO record in tact.

This will go the distance and I expect AJ to win the decision.

6. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Parker hassle zero defence and is too aggressive coming forward with wide shots. Firstly i don't rate AJ but he'll stop parker

Plaza, Scyson and ryanm8655 like this.
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Ridiculous odds when you consider that plodder Whyte with an injured shoulder almost took out Joshua when he was even fatter and worse than he is now.

Parker has a good shot of scoring an upset because he is durable and probably has a far better gas tank than Joshua.

If the fight goes late he has a live chance.

Personally I think Parker takes Joshua the distance for the first time and loses on points.

mcvey likes this.
  8. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

Possible. With seemingly everyone knocking AJ down in sparring ( Wlad, Price, Dobois ) , and Parker being the first top ten contenders in his prime that Joshua has fought, he's got a chance.

The key is how tough Parker is? He is a decent mid-range and up close type of boxer, with enough power to get the job done. If Parker lets Joshua have his way from a distance with his jab, he'll likely lose. But it he makes it a fight, and ups the ante in the middle to later rounds, an upset can happen.

Personally, I think Joshua is better off losing some extra muscle. I also think AJ needs to rid himself of cheap fouls when he's hurt. He's one fight away from being labeled as a dirty and a rule bender.

The selection of Parker to me shows AJ is serious about being #1. He's not picking Wilder like opponents!

KermitTheFrog and stittyb like this.
  9. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Possible that Parker gives Joshua a decent fight if he can survive late into the fight.

Parker is clearly the underdog but nowhere near a 10/1 underdog in a two horse race.

mcvey likes this.
  10. superstarstu

superstarstu Member banned Full Member

May 10, 2017
    Parker is on a par with Herbie Hyde for terrible world champs and he is more relevant than the likes of Breazeale and whyte only because he has a paper title , I thought he lost the title fight to Ruiz aswell. Cojanu laughed in his face all night he has no power , no accuracy and a false legend chin.

Scyson likes this.
  11. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    9/1 great odds for parker. Who,s regressed recently but still a live opponent. Hes actually not far away from being a Joshua nightmare opponent. Fast hands...on the surface looks durable. Half decent work rate. His power looked legit at one point. But you don't need to be the worlds biggest hitter to get at Joshua. He,s actually there for the taking.

His length might be a problem pretty sure his arms are pretty short for a heavyweight. Joshua always dangerous enough to knock almost anybody out early...but parker looks durable enough to keep going at it. The difference between parker and a lot of these other guys Joshua's fought is...parker will keep trying to go forward. Same thing that caused Joshua problems against whyte. That will be the secret to beating Joshua for me pushing him back.

A lot of them came with the game plan of sit back watch him tyre. But the secret is you,ve got to get him fighting or hit him with something to get that tank depleted. He's almost too big to CounterPunch. They we,re trying that against him. They would have all done better trying to push him back. Parker looks strong enough....durable enough to do it. His predictableness won't really be a massive problem against Joshua. Its just about staying in their...getting Joshua,working then getting that one decent shot off. It wont take a fantastic fighter to beat Joshua...just one with the right tools.

Not knocking Joshua because hes done brilliantly. But the blueprints there to beat him. Hell probably beat better guys that the boy that does end up beating him. But hes wide open for a shock defeat against a guy with the right tools.

Jackfazz, stittyb and BEATDOWNZ like this.
  12. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I will certainly have a nibble at Parker at those odds.

Other markets of interest will be Joshua KO/TKO rounds 6+ (grouped or individual) and my personal favourite a lay of Joshua W by TKO/KO to open up Parker Markets.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Joseph Parker is still better than everyone on AJ's record, except old Wlad.

If Parker is crap, what does it say about AJ's previous opponents ?

BEATDOWNZ likes this.
  14. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Do people really believe Parker can win against AJ. Parker is small and AJ has power. Everyone is saying Parker is tough and can take a punch but that hasn't been tested yet and only saying that because he is Samoen. The odds are big on Parker but that's because he won't win. AJ wins this inside the distance probably in the middle rounds. Then bring on Wilder!!!

Scyson likes this.
  15. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    His chin has not been tested and he’s scraped wins against Takam, Ruiz, Fury and was hardly impressive against that old sparring partner nobody.

There is nothing to suggest whatsoever that Parker is a decent boxer or that he’s got a good chin. He’s going to sleep. I think it’s going to be brutal and because of the likes of you lot on here (considered boxing experts) that KO is going to make AJ revered as some sort of god.