Joshua vs Pulev

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Dec 5, 2020.

Who wins?

1. Joshua KO

79.4%
  2. Joshua Decision

7.4%
  3. Pulev KO

10.3%
  4. Pulev Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Draw

2.9%
  1. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Agree on Joshua - Fury, that fight will eventually happen but I can't see all three of them fighting each other.

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Hopefully Fury will be there and they can both get in the ring, face off, maybe a bit of push and shoving. That would really sell the fight even more. Just need Joshua to chin Pulev and not mess about. I’m very interested to see what his weight will be which would be an indicator to the kind of fight we’re gonna have on Saturday.

Gatekeeper and Furious like this.
  3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think the eventual winner of Fury vs Joshua will fight Usyk or whoever is holding the belt (if Joshua has to vacate) to get that last one. It would be a legacy fight. Could take 18 months to 2 years though.

4. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    I have a feeling that might happen. It would make for good viewing and get lots of viral attention. I doubt Fury would go, sit there quietly and do nothing at all.

Twentyman likes this.
  5. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    I think they will. Sounds like Joshua vs Fury will 100% happen provided Joshua beats Pulev.

6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Says who? There are so many issues to resolve especially on the broadcasting side.

7. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I have next to no excitement for this bout. Pulev is so overrated. Pulev has been a pro for over 10 years and his best win might be a 42 year old Tony Thompson. His top wins are the likes of Thompson, Ustinov, Dimitrenko, Chisora...

Terrible record for a 39 year old guy who has, according to David Price, "been around the top of the sport for a decade".

I'm not giving him no chance of winning, but it's not far off that. I would be flabbergasted if he even rocked Joshua.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  8. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    AJ looks light and in good shape , similar to how he looked last time I’d say

9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Boring first couple of rounds, the outcome inevitable by the third. Over by the fifth. Pulev might have been a pain a few years ago. Not now. He looked awful in his last fight.

10. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Yeah Pulevs recent opponents are not great. Before the fury fight he fought Kingpin ffs!

PaddyGarcia likes this.
  11. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    These things have a way of working themselves out if both fighters really want the fight - see May v Pac when it eventually happened, and Wilder v Fury 2. The network thing is a convenient excuse to use when one, or both parties don’t want the fight.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  12. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I’ve watched the majority of AJ fights either at pubs or at a mates house and 99% of the people there don’t watch a second of the broadcast until he does his ring walk.

13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Yea thats most definitely the watching out mentality
    Im probably guilty myself over the years

And i get your point totally

Im honestly just talking about people looking to watch from beginning to end i guess

14. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Or when their respective networks are huge rivals. May v Pac was waaaay bigger than this fight so the pot was mammoth enough to cover the networks usual profit.
    DAZN US and ESPN are going to be the massive hurdle to get over for this fight.

HBO and Showtime have alot of other avenues where DAZN and ESPN are fighting for the sports streaming market that's still in its infancy.

15. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Reading between the lines of Hearn interviews. He is particularly pleased with himself whenever Fury/Joshua is bought up - sounds like a deal is sown up to me.