Joshua vs Savon - Usyk vs Joyce Comparison. Usyk will give Aj nightmares

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, Jul 28, 2021.

1. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    This content is protected

This content is protected

Styles make fights. People continuously bring up that Chisora kept landing on Usyk and because of that it automatically means Joshua will stop Usyk, again styles make fights. Chisora is a pressure fighter who relentlessly comes forward bobing and weaving his head. Aj does not fight like this whatsoever. He can stalk his opponents like he did against Parker, Dychko, Johnson, etc but he does not cut off the ring well. This style playout is also evident in how Klitschko himself claimed Usyk was a difficult opponent in sparring. Likely because he was difficult to pin down or tag cleanly.

A methodical upright style like Aj's will open up some issues against Usyk who can be constantly mobile, constantly slip long range powershots, and walk opponents into counters and that is shown when Aj struggled with Savon and Joyce struggled with Usyk. Aj will struggle with Usyks mobility most of all however, his slickness and his small size will also mean he'll be slightly harder to hit cleanly than a large super heavyweight. Do people forget that he got a gift decision against Savon ? Yeah that was a long ass time ago but what fighter that bounces on his toes has Aj fought since ? 41 year old Klitschko ? Joseph Parker ? Please :lol:. Usyk's movement or his method of moving in and out of range will cause Aj difficulty. Write off Usyk to your dismay, it'll only make Aj look worse if he struggles (LOL)

My prediction is Aj by decision and it'll look somewhat like a heavyweight version of Lomachenko vs Lopez. Regardless of my prediction, one thing is sure. This fight will be far harder for Joshua than the fanboys realize

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    I agree, it will probably look like Loma vs Lopez. AJ getting respect early and usyk probably losing a decision from being overly cautious. There’s a huge size/power difference here and AJ isn’t Joyce

sid likes this.
  3. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    For me AJ beats usyk by W/D or late TKO.

Toney F*** U likes this.