Joshua Vs Usyk - September

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Guru88, Jun 8, 2021.

Joshua Vs Usyk

1. Joshua KO/TKO

48 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Joshua decision

26 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. Usyk KO/TKO

21 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Usyk Decision

14 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Fury made a very good point about this fight.

Usyk couldn't hold off Breidis, what chance does he have of holding back AJ?

djfonti likes this.
  2. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Briedis is seriously undervalued if he is in good shape.
    Vs Usyk, depsite very anti Briedis biased commentators and pundits he looks that did not had afforded to used dirtyboxe and mauling.
    The problem looks that was not Usyk's supposed power or ref there but stuff that Usyk looks that then had very high respect level in his home country. For such country to see Olympic champion, am superstar etc alike things, also they looks that are neutral regards to politics.
    I don't think that Briedis then might had afforded dirtybox also vs Povetkin for example, not alone Usyk.
    Briedis pushed him and he fall via slip there.

For me looks that he had intent to fool Usyk that he is going to KO him and in reality to outbox Usyk.
    Gameplan like for Lopez vs Loma, vs Usyk this did not had worked. Plus Briedis looks that is happy with boxers who are attempting to clinch him ( sorry, for example despite biased hypocrite comments, fe Perez more initiated clinch than Briedis, anyone not dumb might see this ) or KO him he feels comfortable. While he struggles with boxers - movers who does have am elite level jabs, changes angles quickly etc.
    I think Russo in good shape, not alone Usyk in prime shape might gave Briedis more problems than boxers like Whyte or Chisora.
    Bad shape Briedis: I think Dorticos might had won via UD.

I don't have clue in what shape he is now.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  3. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    “Eddie Hearns says…” this one is signed for 25th September.

fair play to big Josh he’s finally getting in the ring with one of the top dogs.

no more shot to pieces old Eastern Euro midgets - although BRUTHA USKY is past prime and a small heavy he should still have far too much for the limited, chinny weightlifter

USKY KO seems the obvious bet here

Jurgen, Who_Necks, Coybig and 2 others like this.
  4. Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Sounds to me like the AJ Usyk fight is not going to happen , I have the feeling Eddie knows the crowds will be not be allowed back in September.....Listen to what he says starting at 26:55.

This content is protected

5. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Eddie also stating the depth of the cards on fight camp are better than last year......the guy is a weapon.
    The cards are much weaker than last year. I carn't see 1 genuine 50-50 on any card the closest i would have would be Skid vs Dickens but i even see that as an 80-20 to Barry.
    Seems Bellew has been doing some major rimming though but im not surprised he got a gig. Going to be pretty much the same from Matchroom apart from the narratives are going to be even more out of control... #GameChanged i don't think so.

Jurgen and Wizbit1013 like this.
  6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    How has this fight not been made/announced yet? With Fury v Wilder 3 also hanging in the balance due to Covid, something ain’t sitting right

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I think it will be announced this week once the furore of the football has calmed down a bit (if it does!) and then it’s a great lead up for fight camp. Spend half the time promoting his upcoming shows whilst announcing Joshua Usyk.

8. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    It won’t be announced while the football on, the country’s mind is literally on nothing else but that right now - Wilder Fury was never going ahead for that date. Once things settle down it’ll be announced.

Toney F*** U and aaaaa like this.
  9. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    This content is protected

10. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Announced later on today apparently. 25 Sept at Spurs, rematch clause if Joshua loses.

11. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Great. Finally a HW fight to look forward to. Should be intriguing stylistically.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  12. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Joshua’s toughest fight since the corpse of klitschko

LeavemealoneKoooogs, Jurgen and aaaaa like this.
  13. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Since they pulled Ruiz out of a Taco Bell on a months notice.

Terminator likes this.
  14. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Top, top fight this. Surprised at how many have wrote Usyk off.

moog, Gatekeeper, aaaaa and 1 other person like this.
  15. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    This is the bout I have most been looking forward to out of any. It could end up being the best bout in many years.

My only concern is that Usyk's options are limited by Matchroom officiating and thus will need to press for a KO. That could make it more exciting, albeit how unfair it is. To see him achieving a deserved close decision on the cards is laughable considering the environment and circumstances.

I think both can beat the other guy. It will be interesting to see what'll happen when either of them get hit properly.

If Usyk can beat Joshua, he can definitely beat Fury. Fury seems to me petrified of the threat Usyk brings.

Terminator likes this.