Joshua Vs Usyk - September

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Guru88, Jun 8, 2021.

Joshua Vs Usyk

1. Joshua KO/TKO

32 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Joshua decision

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Usyk KO/TKO

12 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Usyk Decision

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    You are a bit delusional and british boxing fan, nothing wrong with this.
    Usyk had sparred with Wlad and Vitali and sorry for your feelings how cool boxer is A.J his Olympic Gold medal is thing that makes me laugh with pleasure.
    Hometown medal and eddi money kid he is.
    While I think A.J will win this one, nothing more than Wilder A.J is and newer will be.
    A.J daddy is Ruiz Jr and this will be reality until he will have 3 rd fight with Ruiz Jr.
    Yeah, short replacement panda is A.J daddy and looks that maybe always will be.
    A.J is absolutely nothing special, very strong body builder, nice guy, nice looking guy with hometown ****ed up Olympic " medal ".
    Famous with some wins vs old uncles and average boxer.

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I read that post in the voice of Borat

3. Safin

Safin Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Chisora is useless - but I think of it more in terms of a boxer having a job to do and that is to win and not lose. Usyk adopted a game plan to get the job done against that particular opponent. Not many people look good against Chisora, but he won the bout easily and had Chisora hurt at one point but didn't put the foot to the floor. I think he said his hands were knackered, or something.

Some boxers don't need to throw from a stationary position and load up to throw sufficiently powerful punches. Some, like Usyk, can throw from awkward angles and unexpectedly. I agree that ideally, you would like to find yourself in a position to do just as you've said, but Usyk might be able to create an opening to do just that. It's the punches you don't see coming and Usyk will need to be unpredictable. What I like about Usyk is that he is excellent plyometrically and his agility allows for unpredictable patterns of lateral movement - and he has the balance, ring smarts and skills to use it to throw from awkward angles.

This is a different proposition for Usyk because he's not used to dealing with men Joshua's height, but he has advantages over Joshua to make this highly competitive. If it were Usyk that was the champion and fighting anywhere but UK, I'd favour him to outbox Joshua over 12, but he can't do that in this scenario.

Of course he wasn't going to be looking right, he was crapping himself because he was in the USA. The guy needs everything his own way, or to be in a lifeless, 'neutral', Arab state on a Matchroom card! No wonder he's chummy with another very fake man in Wladimir Klitschko.

Jurgen and Gatekeeper like this.
  4. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020

5. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog Swinging on Hearn’s nuts Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    At worst he’s fighting the best heavyweight since Vitali. The Matchroom haters have been dining out on the Ruiz loss for way too long. If this forum was going when Lewis lost to Rahman I’m sure he would’ve been a complete bum in some people’s eyes!

Oreet Cha!, jimmyonebomb and Jurgen like this.
  6. syldave

syldave Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Yes I think Bruno would have been favourite against Joshua, to be fair Joshua against Wilder is who lands big first, but I would put my money on Joshua winning, and if Fury is fit and on his game he schools Joshua.

As for Usyk I see this playing out in a fairly similar way to the Parker fight except Usyk is levels above Parker, with Joshua being almost over cautious of single shot counters, if Usyk gets on the inside Joshua will finish him early.

Jurgen and Gatekeeper like this.
  7. Terminator

Terminator Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Murat Gassiev hit Usyk with a huge shot in the 4th round of their fight. Usyk was wobbled but he took it well.

Gassiev has got a serious reputation amongst heavyweights hes sparred

Safin likes this.
  8. Gatekeeper

Oct 18, 2009
    Other than the southpaw style what advantages do you think Usyk has over Joshua ??

9. Terminator

Dec 9, 2020
    Usyk is clearly the much fitter man with the much better footwork and boxing IQ

zulander, Safin and Gatekeeper like this.
  10. Gatekeeper

Oct 18, 2009
    Don't know about much better but yeah he has a slight advantage in footwork. Stamina ?? Apart from the 1st Ruiz fight when AJ was clearly not 100% he's shown good stamina, again not much of an advantage for Usyk.
    Boxing IQ ?? Debatable but yeah perhaps a slight advantage for OU

Size, power and experience at HW - Very clear and indisputable advantages for Joshua

11. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    It is very boring that fans call as haters anyone who question A.J opponents age and real abilities when he had them in the ring.
    This for sure is not nor Lewis nor Nigel and even not Haye, sorry.

Sadly Gassiev and bunch with CW ( puny ) boxers does have more chances to win A.J than Usyk.
    A.J needs to be stopped in distance to win him and Usyk isn't a puncher at all while he is far more durable and athletic than his haters post here and think about him.

Terminator likes this.
  12. Terminator

Dec 9, 2020
    If you watch the Klitschko fight and the recent Pulev fight you will see Joshua takes multiple rounds off after blowing his load. Rounds 6-10 vs Klit, and rounds 4-8 vs Pulev. Usyk on the other hand has the best engine in world boxing. He threw nearly a thousand punches vs Breidis and could have gone another 12 easy with Gassiev.

There is no comparison in regards to footwork and ring IQ, Usyk is leagues above. But thats just what ive thought when ive watched them both fight

13. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog Swinging on Hearn’s nuts Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Lol and ridiculous posts like these are exactly why people being haters is the only logical conclusion to come to. Haye and whoever ‘Nigel’ is?! Come on man we’re trying to have a serious discussion here!

14. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    It 100% won’t be easy. I like Joshua but the only heavyweight who could have an easy night against Usyk would be a fully on it and firing Tyson Fury and that speaks volumes. I do slightly question his power though, if it makes AJ cautious then it’s gonna be an interesting night in that ring. Genuinely any outcome is possible, I Lean towards Joshua points.

15. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Serious discussions about London 2012 boxing ?:ibutt:ibutt:ibutt:ibutt:D:bump.

About british hype train heroes and their greatness.

When A.J fought in US he had been beated up by panda replacement.
    This is serious discussion not running in large ring in arab countries to run from panda kid and score UD win.;)

Jurgen likes this.