Joshua vs Usyk

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Feb 24, 2020.

Who would win

1. Joshua by Decision

2. Joshua by Knockout

3. Usyk by Decision

4. Usyk by Knockout

5. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Joshua says he wants to unify with fury .however he still has usyk as a mandatory.

Joshua might defend the belt against usyk later in the year or might vacate it

Usyk is highly skilled would have the advantages in speed and footwork hes a southpaw as well. Undeafeated

Joshua however is the bigger man 6'6 can be anywhere from 235 to 254 on fight night 3 inches taller than 6'3 usyk and over 20 pounds of weight against usyk who weighs in at 215 . having an 82 inch reach to usyks 78 inch reach.

Joshua crushed charles martin a southpaw with two right hands .

Joshua also can fight come forward aggresive and back foot style as he showed against ruiz in their rematch .

He has deadly power when he wants to use it .

Obviously. The only advantages usyk hold over Joshua are speed, footwork and maybe skill

Joshua holds the youth over usyk in every thing else

Size strength youth experience at heavyweight and has fought many top contenders of heavyweight .

Joshua has said of usyk before

: "A heavyweight challenger that will be in my eyesight for the end of March or early-April. A very credible opponent.

"When I'm trying to build my record, I want opponents like Usyk to say that I've defeated them.

"He uses his feet very well, and positions his hands well. You can't hit him because his feet move so well. If you do manage to catch him, [the punches] are brushing off the gloves.

"What I'd do, as I have done already, is study him - from his footwork, his hand positioning, to his openings.

"Then I'd go to former people who have faced him and find out information on how to defeat him."

http://www.sport.net/joshua-im-studying-to-defeat-usyk_1003417?app=1

Would usyk out box joshua ?? Can joshua control usyk with his jab . or would joshua find his right hand to end usyk the same way he did to southpaw Charles .?

Or would usyk stop Joshua

2. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Let's see how usyk gets on against a proper heavyweight in Chisora first.

He didn't look amazing last time out and I fancy del boy to do him.

Aydamn and Potwash like this.
  3. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Fights not going to happen as he's not even going to get past Chisora.

Gomo and Aydamn like this.
  4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Usyk needs a solid win at heavyweight before I even consider backing him against top superheavyweight guys. AJ by brutal KO for me.

5. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I can't even see Usyk getting past Chisora at this stage... after Usyks last performance. Chisora will be replaying the Chazz fight and thinking "ha-ha-ha-ha" if Chazz can mark up his face... wait till I get my hands on him."

AJ is a completely different discussion that we dont even need to get into right now... thats way way in the future... let's see Usyk against a top ten first.

Oreet Cha! and Potwash like this.
  6. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Joshua KOs Usyk.

It really is that simple. 3-4-5 heavy punches in quick succession and it is over.

Amazed that so many people on here can't (won't) see this.

Aydamn likes this.
  7. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I dont know whats wrong with these people... its plain to see at this stage

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  8. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Damn usyk is in alot of polls ahead of joshua in this forum .. I wonder what it is what they see

9. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Joshua stops him. Been convinced since I seen bellew usyk. Goes right through him.

10. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Joshua has struggled with smaller guys. Takam gave him some problems and we know what happened with Ruiz jr.

Usyk is a class act. If anyone can make the move up from Cw and beat a super heavyweight like Joshua, then Usyk is the guy.

I wonder if they'll want to risk it with so much money on the table for a fight with Fury?

Accurate, Mitch87 and Twentyman like this.
  11. DavidBarnes

DavidBarnes Member banned Full Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Hilarious how people think Chisora will beat Usyk, no chance. Joshua is a different story though.

12. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Gassiev hurt Usyk. Nobody is questioning Usyk's ability but I'm not convinced his chin will hold up to the superheavyweight shots.

At least lets see how he reacts to a fully fledged shot from Chisora who I believe will train to take his head off in the first six.

13. DavidBarnes

DavidBarnes Member banned Full Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Usyk will see those wild, telegraphed swings coming easily and make Chisora look stupid. Give Chisora some movement, keep him turning and he looks like a journeyman. Just like he did vs Kabayel and Pulev. Very different landing those wild hooks on big stiff idiots who can't move compared to landing on someone like Usyk. Chisora will get embarrassed and everyone will go back to calling him a bum.

14. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm not saying that won't happen. I just want to see what happens if Chisora does land a bomb, which is not impossible.

15. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Usyk could possibly do what Ruiz did to AJ. Good movement, excllent skills, and a good dig.
    I just wonder though at 32 next fight delayed through injury bigger, stronger guys with reach and height how durable is he going to be.
    He's shown a good chin so far so he could be like Evander and adapt well but he is there to be hit.

HE took 7 rounds to get rid of a nobody - there could be few reasons for that a very negative opponent, wanting rounds etc. Against Del Boy he will have more opening's but if Chisora lands a few off those can opener right hands it could be very telling. Will he be able to? Well this is boxing so its possible even Usyk is far more skilled he's also not as naturally big and Chisora has been doing pretty well even when he's lost recently. He ran Whyte close first time around, and then when ahead blew his gas tank when really he could have sat behind a jab for a round or two.

its an interesting fight