Joshua's only chance vs Ruiz is to run for his life.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by notjustacasual, Nov 7, 2019.

1. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    I am no fan of Joshua, at all, but the general consensus of collective American disdain towards him is hyperbolic and pathetic on this thread

Tankatron and mark ant like this.
  2. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    This content is protected

Scott Fitzgerald likes this.
  3. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Joshua has basically zero chance, the clock is ticking until his career soon shall end.

Leaving his safety net was his biggest mistake, had he stayed there and bear a few more cherrys before retiring some people may have bought the hype.

itsa123 likes this.
  4. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011

It's much worse than Lewis, who got caught with a knockout shot. Joshua got beat up and then stopped.

5. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Yup. Out boxed. Got Backed up, dropped, beat up, dropped again, beaten s'more, dropped again. AJ can vindicate himself with a win, but I wouldn't compare it to a one punch ender either.

Manfred likes this.
  6. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    B fighters don't dominate for 10 yrs

mark ant likes this.
  7. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    AJ dropped Ruiz and got caught rushing in with a hook, Lewis hadn`t dropped Rahman in their bout before being stopped and hadn`t scored with anything significant at all up to that point, the McCall bout doen`t count because Lewis all over the place in that bout.

8. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    No disagreement from me player, but I still stand on this statement: AJ got his ass whooped ALL night long.

9. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    That's what people thought in many rematches. Lewis vs. McCall II. Klitscko vs. Brewster/Peter II.

"He just has to be caught once and then its all over".

It's not that simple.

lewis gassed likes this.
  10. kdyehs

kdyehs Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    As mentioned W.Klitschko used to give up exhausted. He then became the dominant force in the Heavyweight division. How about Vitali Klitschko abandoning in his fight against the smaller Chris Byrd, a fight he was winning? Just saying, this kind of super tall heavy fighters tend to bounce back. Joshua still has a long future. People are talking like he is good for retirement. He can't lose twice against Ruiz. And money talks. I am sure a fight Wilder-Joshua would be greatly anticipated.

Beyonce Wilder likes this.
  11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Wladimir never quit.

I'm not going to let that slide just so you can create narratives which tie in with Joshua quitting,

Every fight Wladmir lost in, the ref stopped for either TKO or against Brewster he was completely exhuasted and the ref stopped him as he was getting back on to his feet and walking back to his corner.

He never spat his gum shield out and ignored referee's instructions to walk forward because he didn't want any more punishment when he was in a condition to continue.

As for Vitali, he dislocated his shoulder and would have been risking his career should he continued to fight.

What physical injury did suffer with that Joshua was aware of?

As for retirement it's not the people suggesting that, his own promoter believes he should retire if he loses to Ruiz again.

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Even Joshua at 10% and 60 years of age would likely seriously hurt Logan Paul with the first solid shot landed. There's a massive difference between a big professional heavyweight and an average/semi tall sized non fighter, nevermind a professional heavyweight who is a genuine banger. Look at Tony Bellew (professional) completely laying out Michael B Jordan (actor/non fighter) on the set of Creed with 1 punch.

Anyway, dunno why I'm even replying to this thread as it is full of some of the biggest nonsense I've ever heard on these forums. Yes, I'm not sure either who is gonna win between Joshua and Ruiz but if Joshua is anything close to 100% mentally it's going to be very interesting.

13. kdyehs

kdyehs Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    I recall Jean Pascal fighting with a dislocated shoulder from early rounds and winning his fight. Some fighters keep going with all sort of injury, some quit. I think it depends where they are in their career and the type of contract. For Joshua I think he preferred to "adjourn" the fight after being knocked down 4 times, make some adjustment and rematch Ruiz to win a decision.

14. Beyonce Wilder

Beyonce Wilder Active Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2015
    fight tall, fight on the outside and jab, grab, octopus and klinchko your way to a 12 round victory.

the blueprint is there, wlad laid it out years ago for joshua

15. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Ruiz at 268lbs is just too tough and durable to KO in under 8 rounds. I could only think of big baby Miller who could go toe to toe with him on the inside presently. He's basically like this era's Tua, or Sam Peter before he fought Wlad. You don't fight these guys on the inside. Unfortunately the bodybuilder was too busy playing volleyball in Miami. If he watched the tapes he'd realize the blob was a immovable object.