Joshuas poor gas task

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Shotgun Rifle, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    While Usyk for sure isn't KO artist, do not attempt discredit Usyk's resume just because he is not from U.K.

I will dissect exactly who Usyk did not had KOed as a cruiserweight boxer:
    then undefeated Glowacki version in prime shape who was tough as nails. Huck outboxed and landed on him a lot 10 rounds in row, even get him down, still he get up and finished Huck. He did vs Huck stuff prime shape Povetkin was not able to do.
    Yeah, we today remember Glowacki from his last 2 fights like boxer who always was " easy to beat ". Nope. He turned Huck into a shot fighter.

Usyk did not had KOed Hunter. I really suspect that Hunter does have considerably better chin than Whyte.
    No one had finished Hunter unlike Whyte and they had the same opponent in over the hill uncle Povetkin.
    Who else he did not had finished?
    Briedis, welcome to reality. He barely scrapped vs prime shape not old Briedis most possible result predicted by Klits and some very serious pundits in Ukraine. Unlike dreamers prognosis in long rows how this will be easy for Usyk etc nonsense. Prime Briedis was avoided fighter cos boxers who really attempted to KO him, ended on canvas. Ofc he was not ideal fighter or ATG, still, if we had saw how capable vs without any doubts over the hill old Briedis were Glowacki and Dorticos, then there is reason to think.
    Gassiev? Who had finished Gassiev? No one.
    Ofc this too does not look ATG, we again should not forget that Gassiev version he had was injury free and in prime shape. Better than he is today for sure.

Chisora?
    I really suspect that he is better than old Pulev's version from fight vs A.J.
    Not old Pulev was good.
    Pulev from A.J fight version? I don't think that he might had beat Chisora, Whyte, Joyce, Hunter, Dorticos and long row with boxers.
    He was even considerably worse than short notice opponent for A.J in Takam. Not sure he might had beat Takam if he had fight vs Takam not A.J.
    40 y.o Arreola too had beat him if he had fight vs Pulev version from fight vs A.J.

Yeah, Usyk too is over the hill. Everone with brains might tell this from fight vs Witherspoon: short notice replacement opponent for Usyk.

Will see.

Terminator likes this.
  2. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Usyk is technically miles ahead of parker ruiz takam, pulev and povetkin, usyk is also much harder to hit than all of them and will be setting a much higher tempo.

AJ always takes a few rounds to work his opponents out and eventually he normally does or finds that punch which can end any fight, but I truly believe usyk is going to win a split decision on points even though it should have been wider.

If parker can take AJ 12 rounds , takam 10, ruiz 12 then usyk could potentially turn this into a shut out, I rate Joshua's power and of course he can knock usyk out but as the fight draws closer I'm starting to favour usyk.

If joahua wins and convincingly I think it's fair to say he is currently the best heavyweight in the world

Oneirokritis likes this.
  3. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Usyk...stalks his opponent, draws shots from them....cuts the ring off by using his footwork and doesnt give them time to breath. Their gameplan is to get the opponent working harder than they want to be working...and then drown them. He done the exact thing to bellew. Chisora had the right idea...he went forward. Usyks good on the front foot and backfoot but you take a lot off him by taking away his best assets by pushing him back. The other guys hes faced weren,t strong enough to do what chisora did because they weren,t heavyweights. But because usyk was giving away strength/weight advantages...chisora was able to give him a decent fight.

The problem usyk will have with joshua is joshua doesnt need to back off him like most opponents do. He,ll be able to walk him down or move forward on him. The stalkings a big part of usyks game...if you take that away...he loses the best aspect of his game...his ability to get guys working when they dont want to be. He draws them to use energy up. I dont think joshua will need to...he,ll be able to go forward and put usyk on the backfoot or even just stand his ground...a lot of guys needed to back off usyk. Still technically a tough fight cause usyk knows his way about a ring. But will be surprised if usyk wins this fight. Hes brilliant...but he,s giving away the best apect of his game by taking on guys stronger and bigger than him.

Clarkey likes this.
  4. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Usyk does have too long mileage under belt. :(
    Yeah, he was undisputed CW champ but this then was tank with hungry sharks and experienced " old " lions.
    Amateur experience too looks that had took from him damn a lot.
    Russo he had boxed in ams most likely by 90% had won 4 rounder in pros vs Briedis, Gassiev or Dorticos on cards. This was good boxer.
    Beterbiev in ams.
    People are calling now over the hill uncle Beterbiev as caveman. Bet was elite am. His opponents in ams were Hunter, Kovalev and Mekhontsev ( Olympic gold medalist, World championships: 1X Gold, 1X Bronze, Euro? 2X gold and he is a pro boxer with 13-0-1 pro record with 8 fights in US ). Bet was not a caveman. He was world elite level am boxer.
    Usyk had a lot fights in ams and this then real shark tank CW division. Now it does looks lethargic, then it was stacked with hungry sharks.
    Not sure might he today get CW belt again. Looks over the hill.

5. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    This whole Joshua strongest record myth based on "top 10" wins is laughable.

It's become a parody of itself at this point. Your comments here made me actually laugh a bit. I'm not sure if you're taking the ****. Credit if you are, I do enjoy a bit of trolling.

6. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Lol , Usyk is over the hill?

What the hell are you talking about......... clueless

Safin likes this.
  7. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    You do not know a clue about boxing, sorry.
    Most likely you even did not had watched CW Usyk fights.
    You had started to watch Usyk when he had Witherspoon fight.

8. Furey

Oct 18, 2009
    You talk absolute shite

I've watched Usyk for many years....... what you have to realise is he is bedding into a new division where he's carrying more weight himself and fighting bigger, stronger and more powerful guys. It's not an easy transition especially when he isn't re-known for being a big puncher e.g. David Haye when he stepped up to HW.

Safin likes this.
  9. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Cool, then you should compare his agility level changes.
    I think Usyk when was CW pro boxer was walking around at least 215 lbs.
    After pre fight camp and small water cut was approx 198-199 lbs and maybe 205-209 lbs in the ring.
    Cos he also had fought for IBF belt where weight control is more strict. ( how much they might cut ).
    Huck vs prime Povetkin was 209 lber ( suspect just cos 0 water cut ).
    Briedis vs Charr approx 213 lbs ( suspect cos 0 water cut, no special diet plan )
    Haye yeah, he had packed, I think a bit more 1 punch physical power than prime Povetkin. Like 217 lbs Haye version vs Chisora etc.
    Too, most likely if there no long term diet plan to keep weight and no water cut then not likely Haye had bulked up a lot when he was 217 lbs at HW.
    When he was 220 lbs, then yeah, looked bulked up.

Usyk does not plant his foot fully, looks that in order to maintain mobility at high level. If he did this, then maybe he might be able to beat hard?
    I don't know.
    CW Usyk ofc for me looked less harder punching than Durodola, Briedis, Kudra, Dorticos, Gassiev.
    He then had agility, mobility and speed advantage, good gameplan when he tailored his game according to opponent.
    Phyiscal advantages are also speed, sharpness, agility, reach. He then used these, also his am superstar experience of course.

10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I’m a huge Usyk fan but he’s not moved to heavyweight pre peak like Holyfield did, he’s come up at the tail end of his career, mid 30’s with wear and tear and also the pandemic had robbed him of momentum. He’s still an absolute handful for anyone in the division but I’m leaning 60/40 in favour of AJ who is still actually improving and developing

ryanm8655 and Glenn McKrory like this.
  11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Joshua did not look very good in the Ruiz rematch. Ruiz was pathetic and Joshua put in a tidy albeit unconvincing performance. He looked like he had regressed in the Pulev bout, who was also pathetic.

I am struggling to see how Joshua is improving or developing.

Willis Brown likes this.
  12. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Well if Usyk really will listen to papachenko ( Loma dad ) to prepare for A.J fight it will be recipe for disaster for Usyk. Btw I think Loma too should had fired his daddy long ago. ;)
    I don't see here anything good, better he might used even Ottke or Andre Ward to prepare for A.J fight. Not Papachenko.

13. Furey

Oct 18, 2009
    If AJ beats him and in style I don't want to hear any "Usyk was over the hill" NONSENSE.

Give the man his credit for his win against a top fighter.

14. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Usyk not the most powerful but he has elite level timing.

A well timed accurate shot can certainly wobble the legs of Joshua.

Its the ones you dont see that hurt the most

Scissors and Glenn McKrory like this.
  15. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Please explain, in detail, how Fury and Wilder have more top 10 wins than AJ...