Joshua's team are appearing too weak in negotiations

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by coolcat45, Apr 25, 2019.

1. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
    They need to learn to hold their stance instead of giving into too many demands. That is why every fighter thinks that they can squeeze a little bit more out of them. They need to hold their stance now against these fighters or risk continuing to overpay fighters.

2. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Or they could have compromised somewhat and had a big Wembley fight in April have gone down, instead of a last minute cobbled together fight against Andy Ruiz in June.

3. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    there lucky they never picked the wembley date for this sat
    50mph winds
    cold and heavy rain is the forecast

4. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Was thinking this the other day, maybe a new tactic is needed. Maybe they adopt a stance along the lines of you want the belts, you come see us, 2020 is looking like it's gonna pretty much be Joshua defending against his mandatories anyway (likely Pulev and Usyk). Would seperate the serious challengers from the time wasters at least I guess.

5. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I hate the A side thing but Wilder and the rest are crazy and you have to wonder if any are interested in being champion?

6. Guybino

Guybino Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    OR people stop cheating and avoiding VADA

7. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Man AJ needs to ignore all these chumps looking to retire off him
    It’s a joke how shamelessly they duck the man
    They know they will get slapped silly that’s why they don’t want that AJ smoke

madballster likes this.
  8. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol there is that

9. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    VADA being the operative word as it would seem those outside of it are under different rules or no rules.

10. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Getting cold feet
    Prob gonna fight a pushover instead of Ruiz or hunter

11. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    what happened to believing that it takes just one punch in the heavyweight division?history tells us so.

GK BOX likes this.
  12. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    AJ is experiencing exactly the same that Wlad has. He is the king of the hill, making millions and all these little bloodsuckers, little lazy out-of-shape scum of the earth are asking for bigger and bigger handouts from him. Exactly the same sh** Wlad experienced.

No one is even bothering to become mandatory anymore. They just ask for $10 million flat or not fight against the #1 HW! :lol:

13. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    They offered career high paydays to Wilder, Whyte and Fury and they got turned down. Considering they didnt think there was another worthy Wembley opponent willing to fight AJ they thought it best for AJ to make his American debut. Lined up an undefeated, big mouth trash talking New York born opponent. Once Miller popped Matchroom then offered career high pay days to the next biggest available names the fight in Ortiz and Kownacki who both also turned the fight down. Matchroom can't force a boxer to fight AJ if they really dont want to fight him.

Give the fight to Hunter or Ruiz JR at least they seemed interested in fighting AJ unlike the rest.

14. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    They did hold their stance with Whyte and Ortiz.

The DAZN offer to Wilder was crazy and for Wilder to turn it down was lunacy. Fury getting a big offer was probably always likely that's one of the biggest fights in boxing right now.

15. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Indeed. They MUST stand firm. AJ is number 1 and he should not give in to these cowards. We are realising now that it is not AJ who is ducking. It is Wilder, Ortiz and Kownacki who are ducking. I knew all along, AJ has come from the east London scene. As a brit myself, I know darn well how tough those guys are in that area. They are tough as nails. He was once part of the London drugs trade. He is no coward.

I want this fight against Wilder at Wembley. To prove a point that the UK is not playing second fiddle to the US briefcase businessmen and celebrities who want their expensive tickets on the front row in Vegas. No. This is a spectator sport. And thankfully AJ realises that.

They don't want 5 million? Goodbye then. We don't miss you. I'm fine with Usyk and Fury fights thanks. I'm fine with seeing fighters who aren't cowards fighting each other.

I've said this so many times over the past few days, this division is getting worse and worse by the day. Not through lack of quality, but through lack of bravery. They know very well that AJ is the real deal. He's improved massively and he is about to enter his prime phase. There are no excuses to avoid fighting for 3 recognised belts and a huge payday. NONE.

Leeroy84 and It's Ovah like this.