Joyce 271 Parker 255

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by FastLeft, Sep 23, 2022.

1. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Parker used to be a fairly neat boxer, decent speed. He's just got fatter over time, was already fat by the time of the Hughie fight.
    His best chance here was probably to box a bit like he did with AJ, and beat Joyce to the punch with his speed. Might have been able to outpoint him.

Now he's probably too fat to do that.

As for the 'big Samoan' thing, if you want to talk genes, let's be real. He's over 6ft because he's mixed, and that's the Northern European component coming through. Polynesians are very short in pure form, though they do have obesity problems due to 'Western diet'.

But in the end, Parker is weighing like a SHW Klitschko because he's fat and has discipline problems. By the time he rematches Ruiz they'll be hard to tell apart.

Safin and sasto like this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Plenty of tall Samoans without European admixture, although Parker does have some.

destruction likes this.
  3. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Really looking forward to this! Looks like Parker is banking on the KO judging by how heavy he weighed in at. Looks soft though. Let's see if he can do it. Joyce has got to be better than he was against Hammer. He took too many shots. What's worrisome is that many of them were the same shot. It was the worst I've seen Joyce and age may have something to do with it. 37 is getting up there. I can see this fight going either way but I'm going with Joyce by KO anytime after the 9th.

sasto likes this.
  4. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Carnera was a strongman, had a pituitary disorder, many of his fights were fixed but without his knowledge or consent.
    Although the strongest man around, there is no indication he hit particularly hard, certainly not for his size.

5. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes Polynesians are not short, & if anything on average Samoans are not only heavy-due to fat & muscle mass-but tall.
    Although if you are wider you will not look as tall as if thin.
    The "founder effect" of the initial population, & retaining genes from ancestors that came from more northerly climes which included greater size & roundness for less skin surface per body mass to keep warm are the most likely reasons. Tons of evidence about their size including average heights:

[url]https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=average+samoan+height[/url]

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  6. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    I think Parker will surprise a lot of people tonight

KernowWarrior and Kiwi Casual like this.
  7. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Joyce is not only lean but he’s not hypertrophic. He’s not pumped up to his weight. Anthony Joshua is. Parker is fattened up to it.

I hope Joyce puts his fist through Parker’s head but I’ll be missing this as I’ll be travelling.

kirk likes this.
  8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    That is an interesting tidbit. Thanks.

Manu Vatuvei likes this.
  9. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I genuinely think Parker is a going for the KO big and relatively early. Joyce isn't and won't be difficult to hit and maybe, just maybe Parker and Lee think they can light him up often enough to get the stoppage.

I actually think Joyce will just be too strong and will out muscle him down the stretch to a late KO but, I think it's going to be a tough, brutal and attritional affair not unlike the Dubois fight but with just an extra lick of violence.

10. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Parker will start running when he feels the power of the incredible juggernaut. Joyce by UD.

11. Manu Vatuvei

Manu Vatuvei Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Nah

If he was palagi he would never be 255lb. I think people get confused because (a) his name is ‘Joseph Parker’ and (b) he’s quite pale. But actually, he’s full Samoan on both sides of the family. I’m sure there’s a mix in there somewhere, but fundamentally Joe is a big brown boy.

A big brown boy selling crack across the globe. It’s crazy how he’s seen as the nice guy of the division.

12. Manu Vatuvei

Apr 21, 2011
    And I’m Manu Vatuvei so I’d ****in know

13. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    This really proves that 280 pound Fury isn't a SHW

Ole Jack Dempsey would come away with it after all

14. Manu Vatuvei

Apr 21, 2011
    Fury’s just skinny fat. Even at 250 he’s fat. He’s not a heavy set guy at all.

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  15. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Yeah, I actually agree. For his height he doesn't carry the weight well whatsoever. Like Zhilei Zhang and Makhmudov both carry similar weights much better despite being 2 and 4 inches shorter.