Joyce - Huck

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by UKboxingfan, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I remember him talking about the prospect of facing Dubois and didn't sound overly keen on the idea as he won't get much credit for beating an up and comer 22 year old yet it sets him back massively if he loses. Basically it's very high risk for low reward at this stage.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  2. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    He’s right to want to be paid well. If Warren wants names on his blue chip prospects resume then he needs to fork out.

Joyce has the slowest hands in the division so it would be a one sided beat down

Pompey Junglist likes this.
  3. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I still cant see frank sticking dubois in with joyce just yet. He,ll know full well its high risk low reward for joyce. Not many fighters would take that fight in joyce,s position. Its a bit like what joyce tried to do with chisora.

Would love for joyce to take it tho....stylistically dubois looks a nightmare for him...but dubois isnt quite ready for a risk with joyce in terms of experience just yet. I,d be surprised if frank didn,t already know theres no sensible way of making that fight atm. Ppv wont be a success. Non ppv...its a bit like why would joyce take it....when hes looking at a lot more money against a bigger name if he keeps winning.

4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Frank took the risk with Gorman, who before the fight with Dubois was seen as probably a bigger risk than Joyce is now. Plenty picked Gorman to beat Dubois. Few give Joyce a chance.

Inglis_1 and Aydamn like this.
  5. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Tbf tho who had gorman really beat....johnson who,s lost 8 of his last 10 fights. Covanu...who was ko,d in 2 by ortiz. Apart from that his records pretty much been against no hopers. Frank knows how to pick a fight more than your average man on the street.

Hes done the same with joyce....who,s an average fighter but hes a good step up from gorman. I still dont think franks ready to risk dubois that much bearing in mind frank needs to keep tricking people hes got the second coming on his hands. Dubois not. Hes gonna be good maybe very good...hes just not gonna be great. Theres also that frank needs dubois atm. He could be his biggest star in the next few years. Joyce looks stylistically a very good match up for dubois. Hes a big fella tho joyce. Had good amatuer pedigree etc. I,d be surprised if frank risks it just yet. I do think frank fancies joyce...just not yet. Relatively cheap and not as good as people think. But frank wont risk dubois in with him till hes 100 percent certain. I m not sure he can be at this stage. Dubois needs guys between the japanese boy and joyce. I think he knows that...but he,ll use joyce,s name and will make out joyce doesnt fancy it atm causd hes wary when its more to big a risk for too little reward for his career.

6. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Like Hatton said, Gorman was the favourite to win, it was high risk for Dubois and we were all surprised they actually made the fight

Gorman was hyped to death on this forum

I was laughing

bbjc likes this.
  7. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Yeah gorman will probably end up at around euro level max. He's decentish but lacks any real power to get top opponents to respect him, as Dubois showed when he walked through him and took him to the cleaners.

Aydamn and Pompey Junglist like this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Frank actually came out and said he didn’t want the fight but the BBBoC had ordered it and both men refused to back down so he had to put it on. Which doesn’t bode well for a Dubois v Joyce fight.

im sparticus and bbjc like this.
  9. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    Joyce will murder him now with Miller off the PEDs. Miller's main asset was being over 300 pounds and constantly being able to walk people down with a high punch output but I can't see him being as effective as a pressure fighter fighting clean.

Scissors and im sparticus like this.