Joyce v Ortiz

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Dec 5, 2018.

1. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
    i dont think Ortiz is old. he looked good vs kauffman and vs cojanu. and of Course vs wilder. still, i just believe joyce could be Special. he reminds me of a Young Foreman. what sets him apart is his great stammina. his punchoutput is crazy for a Heavyweight. add his size and power...…….and you got a real Nightmare.
    so i pick joyce to win. not because Ortiz is old…...but because joyce is simply better.

2. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Credit to Joyce.....however..... Be careful what you wish for lad!

Gatekeeper likes this.
  3. Blue Manc

Blue Manc Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Should be a good fight if it gets made. Joyce needs to take big fights asap due to his age.

4. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Not a fan of Joyce’s style / ability.. but his size n strength can win him plenty of fights including Ortiz

That’s if Ortiz doesn’t take him out before Joyce gets chance to

ortiz can box and could easily make Joe look like a fool. But Joyce has some unreal stamina and I can’t imagine him slowing down

5. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I would expect Ortiz to stop Joyce should the fight be made in the next year.Joyce should be fighting the likes of Ustinov, but as time isn't on his side chances will have to be taken.

6. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    If you're in Joyce's team you'd be looking for High reward- i.e mandatory for wbc.

Good fight though. I couldn't call it as I've not seen in Joyce in with oppoistition anywhere near the level of Ortiz.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Ortiz has done well in his comeback since the wilder loss, I still think Joyce walks through him though

8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Ortiz is no Usyk like but he’s a fellow southpaw with a strong boxing pedigree and look what happened when Usyk met Joyce...

9. davidmcallister

davidmcallister Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Lets be honest Ortiz and Usyk have nothing in common except being southpaws!

Usyk has a high work rate pressing style and Ortiz is lazy and has a low punch output, if Joe was to start fast and make Ortiz work hard from round one then I'd see the fight being over mid rounds. All that Joyce would need to watch out for would be walking onto something stupid in the early rounds

Gatekeeper and lewis gassed like this.
  10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Not seen eithers fights at the weekend but Ortiz would brutalize Joyce with what I,ve seen. Ortiz is one of the most skilled operaters in the division. His counterpunching is class. For some reason tho they keep insisting on sticking him in with guys that run. Or bad style match ups for him. You start throwing shots at Ortiz like Joyce will he,ll make you pay for it. Wilders length and spoiling tactics beat Ortiz. He very nearly got the job done tho. You seen him doing things that we,re class in that fight. Its just hard to fight against a guy with a good reach advantage. With a hammer right hand who sits back and waits for you to commit to him.

Joyce doesn't have that hammer right hand. He also fights pretty open. Ortiz will hurt him. I still see Ortiz as a good fight for Joshua. The guys a solid unit. Also good at countering guys that open up. His stamina joshua new measured approach and lack of ability on the front foot will beat him tho. Flawed cuban style.

Gatekeeper and emallini like this.
  11. Tazz

Tazz Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2009
    People are going to be surprised by how good Joyce is if this fight happens. He's going to make Ortiz look like Ian Lewison.

pow likes this.
  12. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Ortiz can't fight vs movers but would love to fight somebody like Joyce. He would stop Joyce in 3 rounds with the counter left hand.

13. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Risky fight but makes sense for Joyce. If we wins he automatically becomes a Top 10 heavyweight and will get the chance to be in some decent fights. Beat Ortiz, and have some Top 15 / 20 fights in 2019 and he will get his million pound pay day in 2020 against one of the big 3.

Scissors likes this.
  14. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I cant take Joyce seriously now David Haye isn't telling us that he is showing us something he hasn't seen before in the gym.

Ortiz might be slightly overrated but I think at this moment in time he stops Joyce.

15. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Ha!

David Haye fan but he said it about himself, Joyce and now Chisora :lol:

I’d fancy Ortiz to beat him, Joyce too open and slow, plus Ortiz has a cracking chin...

Bad style match up for him...hope he proves me wrong though.

Hope he gets more than $40k this time...