Jozeph Parker's punching power

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Jun 30, 2019.

1. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Word

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. Payback87

Payback87 Active Member Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    What punching power ? I cannot see it. He is pretty mediocre fighter with very good chin. Trying to box on the back foot vs taller fighters than him lol good luck with that thing.

3. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    I don't think so. He's feather fisted

4. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    But why does he lack punch power? It looks like he is punching hard, fast, with venom.... but somehow a black hole just sucks up the impact.

Can't tell me Parker doesn't step into his shots... he most definitely does.

5. G Man

G Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2011
    He hits hard enough but needs to develop more spite.

6. gerryb

Mar 24, 2019
    you re seriously doing yourself a disservice hiding behind your computer screen and giving the best impression of a delusionite when you could be making a lot of money in the heavyweight scene. I guess you prefer to fly under the radar not letting the world see your greatness huh.

piprules likes this.
  7. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    He's a nice guy Parker, probably didn't want to blow out his fellow Samoan ancestry opponent and went a bit easy without knowing it. I'm being kind.

8. G Man

G Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Also in fairness Leapai is also pretty durable, but yeah if Parker had that vicious streak he probably woulda got him out of there earlier. Can't knock him for being a nice guy though! His career would be much easier if he wasn't so respect to him.

9. piprules

piprules Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2019
    Awesome reply mate, the world is not ready for his greatness

gerryb likes this.
  10. Alphafighter

Alphafighter Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 4, 2017
    He hit AJ flush on the face but didn't hurt him. That tells you his power is non existent

11. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    He has no power

12. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    His power is 7/10 he hits hard enough to flatten AJ Wilder or Fury if he catches them clean with his best shot.

13. gerryb

Mar 24, 2019
    He hits hard,im thinking guys who say he doesnt would obviously walk through his combos,lefts and rights bouncing off their heads and iron chins whilst pulling dance moves to MC hammer "you cant touch this" then delivering hulk-like smashes

14. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I don't buy this nice guy crap, he definitely does the business in the ring, he doesnt just smile and hold back his punches... thats BS

15. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    It is a bit odd, isn't it? I think it's mostly down to his predictability and tendency to waste energy with overhand shots that tend to be easier to absorb or block. He looks like he should have as much power as Povetkin when he throws, but Povetkin is clearly the more effective puncher. And if you look at the way they throw Povetkin is clearly the superior operator: crisper, more compact shots, better distancing to get full power, use of angles to open up shelling opponents, punching off the same hand to catch fighters expecting a shot from the other side. Things like that. Parker needs to get a bit smarter in his shot selection and set up, and then I think we'd see some devastating KOs.

Rockradar and Aydamn like this.