Juggernaut Joyce or Snickers Andy Ruiz?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by POTUS, May 23, 2019.

Joyce vs Andy Ruiz

1. Joyce

47.8%
  2. Ruiz

52.2%
  1. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Bakole very dangerous , ppl are fooled by the Hunter fight but Hunter was stunned and it wasn't as one sided as ppl making it out to be.

I would favor Joyce but if Bakole comes in like his last fight he could be a problem for many.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Joyce would batter Ruiz, Ruiz would need to KO Joyce early, because Ruiz is as easy to hit as Joyce if not more so with his diminutive stature at heavyweight and lack of head movement. He'd get caught on the outside then when he does work his way in a land, if he doesn't topple Joyce or make him step back he has a 260lbs super heavy throwing non stop at him. He won't be able to fight in spurts like he did vs Parker.

After 4-5 rounds Ruiz's power fades while Joyce will keep rolling forward throwing heavy shots. Ruiz simply gets out worked, manhandled and gradually beaten down and stopped late.

Plus Ruiz isn't that big a puncher, plenty of journeymen far worse than Joyce have taken him the distance.

POTUS and GALVATRON like this.
  3. heizenberg

heizenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    There pretty much even. I think Joyce would win on points in a competitive fight because hes the better conditioned athlete and would edge rounds because of that especially as the fight drags on.

4. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Not sure if Ruiz isn't a hard hitter, seems to have some solid impact punches. The problem is the distance he throws them from , he's fast but easy to see coming.

5. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I don't see it - Ruiz looks like he has t-rex arms. AJ is gonna measure him up with his left hand when he is attempting to close range and land that right easy.

POTUS and GALVATRON like this.
  6. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    His reach isn't the problem, it's his ability to not be able to cover range fast in and out and that's footwork but he's not going to have it at 250 pounds at 6'1 or whatever he's labeled as.

Joshua going to walk him right into a right hand I think going back and it's over, Ruiz won't dodge back and be heavy footed coming forward by round 4.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    macademics likes this.
  7. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Hey no offence. My post comes across as me liking Ruiz a lot more than I really do. First of all, I don't believe he should even be challenging for a title, but what ya gonna do? AJ will starch Andy. I'd have to see the weigh in to make a prediction, but I'd hazard a guess yer right on the money, any time rd 4 or sooner. My favourite fat boxer was captain kirk johnson. Fat and quick!

POTUS likes this.
  8. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Ruiz is the only one that wanted the fight first.

If he's not challenging then you get Hunter who right now is the same fight but he doesn't have Ruiz style so it's actually not a better fight and Hunter has major holes leaving himself open after throwing .

In the end Ruiz has already challenged for a title so ?

Hunter vs Ruiz is a 50/50 depending on who shows up but Hunter has never been in my top 20 at HW bc he's only 3 fights in ...in that class.

Ruiz better show up next week or the fight won't see round 3.

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.
  9. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yeah I believe so too. Haven't really watched any footage of Ruiz and really studied him. I'll agree that Joshua's weakness is movers, When Povetkin was moving in and out he really struggled adapting to his changing range.

10. Blue Bomber

Blue Bomber Gold Member banned Full Member

May 10, 2019
  11. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Hard to judge at the moment. Ruiz is the quicker and slicker fighter while Joyce is the more consistent grind-down merchant. Both seem to be able to take a decent shot, though Ruiz has a sharper defence and counter punches better. Joyce just kind of walks through shots and keeps throwing. Ruiz likely takes the opening few rounds and Joyce takes the last few. What happens in the middle is what I'm not sure about.

12. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    who the hell is picking Ruiz lmao JJJ would have him gone in 3 rounds

13. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Maybe that's the case but if he can't land his power then whats the point of being a puncher.

Zumbano Love took him the distance, who was stopped by guys like Eric Molina, Charles Martin, Joshua, Hrgovic and Ustinov.

A shot Liakhovich stood right in front of him at times and went the distance yet Wilder sparked him out cold, Helenius too stopped him and even Bryant Jennings who is no puncher found a way to stop Liakhovich. But an even older and more shot Liakhovich went the distance, often smothering Ruiz and as the fight went on stood his ground more vs Ruiz and showed no respect for his power.

And what about Homero Fonseca, no way distance was an issue here Fonseca is only 5'9" Ruiz should of had no problem getting to the stumpy overweight lump that is Fonseca. Yet Ruiz couldn't stop his smaller foe when Breazeale, Franklin Lawrence and the same Gregory Corbin who was just KO'ed in a round by Hrgovic stopped Fonseca. Where's this power everyone keeps talking about?

Ruiz clearly has some pop in his shots, but I don't think he's a big puncher, solid at best and his power fades badly after a few rounds.