Julian Jackson vs Michael Watson At MW

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by sas6789, Jul 11, 2020.

Julian Jackson vs Michael Watson At MW

1. Jackson By PTS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jackson By KO/TKO

25.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Watson By PTS

12.5%
  5. Watson By KO/TKO

62.5%
  1. sas6789

sas6789 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2011
  2. lloydturnip

lloydturnip Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    I think Watson would stop Jackson late.He was a better boxer and bigger and stronger than Jackson .He also had a good defense .barring a sucker punch from Jackson I see Watson taking it .

3. Clinton

Clinton Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2009
    100% Lloyd. Great Job. Mike is one of the most underrated fighters but at least he usually gets his props on THESE boards.

4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Watson was a special fighter.

Brixton Bomber and Clinton like this.
  5. Clinton

Clinton Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Yes, he was. Very, very underrated.

6. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Another vote for Watson by stoppage.

Clinton and George Crowcroft like this.
  7. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    What world class fighter Watson defeated that warrants faith in him beating J.Jackson? N.Benn? Fought a typical dumb fight loading up on EVERY punch and punched himself out. Cristie ? At the end of his career ,Miller was win 1 lose 1, and I don't remember him being ranked in the top 10.
    Watson wasn't anything "Special". He was a decent fighter who's biggest win was Benn. And as I mentioned Benn fought a dumb fight.
    I like Jackson in this one. Though Watson was bigger, Jackson fought with none of the wildness Benn fought with. Jackson could give angles, and was a very good counter puncher.
    I like Jackson in a slight upset here.
    Faster, much more accurate puncher , his patience, (He wouldn't be wildly punching gloves like Benn did) and his counter ability to take the day over Watson with in 8rds.

8. jont

jont Active Member Full Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Jackson would win in my opinion... just not enough solid wins in his resume to make me think that Michael would overcome Julian

9. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I think this would have been a good fight.

Watson was more than decent.

Benn fought most people that way.

Watson’s resume wasn’t particularly strong as his career was obviously cut horribly short by his tragedy with Eubank. But I think those 2 fights with Eubank tell us a lot about his ability.

A prime version of Eubank was a great fighter. Very dangerous. The Watson fight changed him. Then came the poses as the pantomime villain, where he took rounds off and fought down to the level of his competition etc. The true versions of Eubank were the ones who fought Benn and Watson in the early 90’s. So the fact that Watson was handling Eubank at SMW before that last fateful blow, tells me a lot.

I think I’d have made Watson a slight favourite.

CharlesBurley likes this.