Julian Jackson vs Tito trinadad @ 154

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tays001, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MSTR

MSTR More Speed Than Roy!!!!! Full Member

Feb 19, 2005
    You really think that Tito didn't have a better chin? Tito was shaky yes, but Jackson got ****ing startched in one round by the G-Man. Not to mention McCallum. Jacksons chin was pretty bad IMO. When you get stopped 6 times in your career, with at least 3 of those stoppages before he could truely be considered shot, thats a bad chin right there.

2. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    "Whoever land first" seems to be a popular, yet dumb prediction. I don't think Tito's chin was as bad as Jackson's. And while he might not have had Jackson's power, I think he was a better boxer and STILL a helluva hard hitter. Not to mention, one of the best finishers there was.

Tito by 4th round KO.

3. He Hate Me

He Hate Me Active Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Jackson was just so strong, even when loosing he had devistation tyson like power to change matches. His only flaw was his chinie chin chin.

4. MSTR

Feb 19, 2005
    I think Tito would have broken him down also. He put his punches together better then Jackson IMO. Tito had a shaky chin, and bad balance but i didn't see him get BADLY hurt often.

5. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    The first time I saw Tito really hurt was from Bernard, despite all the times he was dropped.

6. jecxbox

jecxbox St. Brett Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    despite all the times Trinidad was dropped..They were seriously flash knockdowns with the exception of Bernard Hopkins...I mean look at them all...Carr/Campas/Vargas/Reid...Those are examples that showed that yeah if Tito got hit on the button he would go down but Tito actually had a really good equilibrium and he never really got rocked hard..He was truley hurt against Bernard Hopkins..But that was after 12 rounds of right hand counters flush to the face...I think Tito took Hopkins beating like a man..sure Hopkins wasn't a hard puncher but u know what..Bernard was also in the absolute best shape of his life and he fought and put up the best performance of his life against Trinidad. It takes two to tango you gotta give it to both of em.

7. .trunzx

.trunzx The Hawk Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    He only fought McCallum once and the ref waved it off. Jackson was still standing and he threw a few shots 5-6 seconds before the ref stopped it. Jackson was alright after it was waved off, he was even arguing with the ref. He was rocked, but I think he still had some fight left in him, had the ref let it go on for another 15-30 seconds.

8. MSTR

Feb 19, 2005
    Sorry I thought you were talking about the G Man. My mistake.

9. MSTR

Feb 19, 2005
    Agreed.

10. kg0208

kg0208 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Yah, but if Jackson caught Tito, he would have been hurt far worse.

11. Executioner

Executioner Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Trinidad rises from a knockdown to KO glass jawed Jackson.

12. MSTR

Feb 19, 2005
    I don't think anyone would have been hit by someone like Jackson. One the hardest punchers p4p in boxing. But that said prime Campas could definitely punch, and prime Vargas wasn't feather fisted either. As for the brawling tactics, I think it would have played into Tito's hands. Thiam tried to brawl Tito and got absolutely demolished. He kepts a pretty tight guard in close quarters for the most part. I think combination power punching would over come Jackson as he definitely loaded right up. That said, with power like Jacksons its not a fight I would want to bet on. Close either way, but if i had to make a choice it would be Tito.

13. MSTR

Feb 19, 2005
    Of course because Jackson was a monster puncher. Freakish power. I just don't know whether he could have completely iced Tito though before getting caught himself. Like I said this is very tough to call.

14. MSTR

Feb 19, 2005
    Damn this would have been a great fight. Would love to see what the odds on going the distance would be made at. 50/1.

15. tays001

tays001 ESB ELITE SQUAD Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    yo trunkx in regerard to that thread about requim 4 science changing his avatar i was going to ask you to post that pick of his shreck girl you made again:yep

classic