Julian Jackson vs. Tony Ayala

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by laxpdx, Aug 18, 2007.

1. laxpdx

laxpdx Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Tony stops him mid-rounds. But that's just me. Or anyone else who thinks El Torito would've been more than something to be reckoned with.

2. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Member Full Member

May 20, 2007
    Julian by KO early in first rd.

3. la-califa

la-califa Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Jackson is all offense, No defense & weak chin. Ayala could avoid the bombs & counter, landing his own bombs. Could go either way, but IMO Ayala would be the first to land a big punch. Ayala's killer instinct would then take over & finish Jackson.

4. timmers612

timmers612 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Julian could take out most fighters he could tag, and I think he would tag Tony, still I take Tony by mid round stoppage. Man, this makes me realise some of the great fights we missed when Tony went the wrong way.

5. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Who the **** did Ayala ever beat to make people think he could beat Jackson?

He was an untested prospect who'd beaten up some journeymen and fringe contenders at best but didn't have a single win over a serious contender.
    His reputation is built on fairytales like allegedly beating the stuffing out of Pipino Cuevas in sparring when he was an infant,and garbage like how he'd have destroyed Hearns and Leonard as warm ups before meeting Hagler in a superfight.

Sorry I don't buy this.I see a powerful and aggressive fighter with a sloppy defense who'd already been floored and hurt against Mario Maldonado.This gives me little hope for his chances against one of the hardest p4p punchers in boxing history in Jackson.

Jackson was a full head and shoulders above anyone that Ayala ever fought and I'd expect him to knock an aggressive but wide open Ayala out cold in 3 to 5 rounds.

Curtis Lowe likes this.
  6. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    My hope would have been that Julian Jackson would have decapitated that pestilent, degenerate unrepentant ****** *******.

7. bumdujour

bumdujour Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Jackson would **** his ass so bad ayala would think he was back in prison.

8. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Jackson was the proven product; Ayala could of, should of, but didn't.

Jackson KO3

9. redrooster

redrooster Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Tony being a prospect didn't have the resume but why should that matter? Foreman was at a disadvantage when he faced Frazier and Tony had the top trainers in Duva and Benton, working miracles with less gifted fighters in Czyz, Taylor, Whitaker, Holyfield, etc.

His talents set him above the rest of the division in the same way as Camacho had at 130. We all knew they were going to be champions and woe to the man who stood in their way.

We know of course how easily Hector won his championship(s) and the only way to stop Tony was with imprisonment. He was a beast in the ring and believe it or not was favored to beat Duran in a head to head matchup.

So experience wasn't a problem with me. It's his chin I wonder how it would hold up so I wouldnt bet money on Tony. Like the man said, Jackson was more proven.

10. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    Taylor, Whitaker, gifted? Naaaaaaah.

11. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    I mean in terms of power, no other fighter from the Duva camp had the killer instinct or raw power of Tony. it was like he could punch holes thru a man.

This wouldn't have held up so much in the middleweight division but where he was it gave him a huge edge in fights since he could destroy a man almost at will whereas Pernell was forced to go the full route almost everytime winning on guile and near unparalled skills.

12. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    :lol:

Camacho won the title off a terribly limited fighter on his last legs who was just made to order. Roger Mayweather was the big name title holder (was considered by many to be an even money fight with Hector at this time) and Hector sure didn't choose to go his way. One single defense of the title then gone from 130, how this sets him above i'll never know. A unification vs Lockridge, who had upset Mayweather would have been good too. At the end of the day with truth as a motive Hector didn't beat bugger all at 130 comparative to what you claim.

Favoured to beat a Duran coming off losses the year before to Benitez and Kirkland Laing and wrongly considered to have nothing left whatsoever. If the match was made after Duran flogged Davey Moore the oddsmakers wouldn't have been quite so lenient.

So after telling us his talents set him apart you have reservations about his untested chin, yet none considering his lack of a single win over an opponent even close to being ranked. To say Jackson was more proven isn't exactly a revelation, hell, Tadisha Mihara was more proven :rofl

Sorry lax lol

13. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah and here's Whitaker beating ATG's and clearing divisions while the best Tony beat was Robbie Epps, who was coming off a loss to Teddy Mann. Yeah, who?

14. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Tony Ayala = Dispicable human

15. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    Dude, enough of the comedy. We all know you got your dates mixed up. The article was before the Laing bout. And we all know Roger was a sorry excuse for another hitman. Who, I repeat, who said or who would go out on a limb and pick lame twig like Mayweather over Hector???

You said even money and to do that you have to have sources. You of course have none. :smoke

Too bad.