Junlong 'The Dragon King' Zhang returns.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vykus, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Vykus

Vykus ɹoolɟ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝᴉʌ ǝɥʇ Full Member

Feb 21, 2018
    After over a year off, at 37, the Dragon King fights TBA on the 1st March. Does this 37 year old Southpaw KO puncher from China have a career as a future professional opponent? Or does he simply fade off into obscurity? Needs to fight outside China. But also, if there is a Chinese PPV market, the 2 Zhangs could prove valuable commodities in the future, but time isnt on their side.

2. Somachenko

Somachenko The Matador Team Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    There will never be a Chinese PPV lol it would get pirated and streamed far too quickly for there to be any profit made. What could maybe happen is that they would headline a show at a big venue in a big city like Shanghai or Beijing and maybe actually televised it live on CCTV5 instead of just online. But I feel the two Chinese heavyweights will probably never fight each other. They’re both heavily protected and seem happy to make easy money selling terrible freak show fights against old shot fighters to the Chinese public who don’t really seem to know too much about boxing.

Jamzy ⭐ and Vykus like this.
  3. Vykus

Vykus ɹoolɟ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝᴉʌ ǝɥʇ Full Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Maybe. But seems like both Zhang's are positioning themselves for one big fight, them maybe a couple cashout loses. Wouldnt mind seeing some big fights in China.

4. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    One day we will have an ATG HW Chinese fighter. The forums will go bat**** at that; worse than Klitschkos or even Wilder.

But that day is not today.

5. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeh, I agree. I think they had a Zou Shiming Macao fight on free to air and it did very well.

I can't say for China, but here in Korea boxing gyms have sprung up everywhere. There are a lot of kids getting into it. I don't know why, but the last few years there's been a lot of boxing gyms emerge ... and for the good of the sport in this part of the world there does need to be some major professional fights take place in the major cities.