Junto(e) Nakatani pulling a Sergio(e) is the story of this famed weekend

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BigBone, May 21, 2023.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    To be fair, Japan has always had a couple of murderous punchers as world champions.
    I don´t care what year it is, they have 2 legitimate world champions who murder lesser opponents.

ShovelHook likes this.
  2. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Too bad that Choco, Gallo and Ioka are on their way out.
    But a fight with any of them in the next 12 months would be fantastic.

3. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    What's Top Rank involvement with Junto, fighting on the Haney-Loma card and all? Is he co-promoted or something? Should help with the Choco/Gallo fights, whereas I bet the Japanese side can arrange the Ioka/Franco winner.

4. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    I think TR has deals with both Moloney brothers. Regardless, both have appeared on quite a few TR cards in the last few years.
    Akihiko Honda, Nakatani´s promoter, I think he has a deal with ESPN+ through TR.

BigBone likes this.
  5. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    I'm pretty certain that Nakatani KOs Choco, Gallo, and Bam.

6. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Definitely not bad fighters. Andrew more of a come forward as he has never been KTFO in his career. Where as Jason been ktfo prior and is more cautious. I thought Andrew Moloney was doing good until he ran into a nuke...

7. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Doing good? He was completely shut out before Nakatani cooked him.

ShovelHook likes this.
  8. BigBone

Nov 20, 2007
    Don't think Estrada's getting KO'd, bit of JMM: great recovery insticts and excellent stamina to see 12. RoGo KO'd by Rungvisai was also a special circumstance of first-fight after-effects & a compact KO artist sneaking a big one in. Junto's a skilled boxed-puncher with good not great pwr like Maravilla, the Moloney shot was a hail Mary shot at full body commitment vs. a tired, slowed, hurt open opponent. But hey, if Junto's timing and accuracy keeps improving, the Inoue comparisons will rise.

9. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Estrada and Choco have a ton of mileage on them. Naka is a big boy and he's still growing into his man strength. Junito will violate them. But they will swerve him.

10. BigBone

Nov 20, 2007
    You think they would deny that challenge despite the marbles and money involved and after accepting all those great fights back to back? Choco's in good terms with Japan, Estrada regularly travels to the US which is what Nakatani is starting doing, multiple venues could host these fights. Nakatani adding another belt would make a strong case tho.