Just seen HBO's version of Hatton - Castillo...Disgraceful!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Nemesis, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2005
    What a joke, that pillock Kellerman, Steward & Lederman were giving the most biased commentary i've seen i along while (well since the last Ottke fight), they were saying RH was initiating 90% of the clinches, virtually writing off the achievement as a nothing, as JLC was shot (did we call this before the fight or what). No matter what Ricky does in America, it is gonna be written off

2. elias

elias Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Some Americans just can't give a (white especially) British fighter credit. Americans don't seem to rate fighters unless they're hispanic or a black guy from the ghetto. The racial politics of boxing over there seems to be rather intense, whilst most British fans support boxers of every creed and colour as long as they're British (apart from Dunky, he'll support any Scots fighter)!

3. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    **** em all. He put away a Mexican with a left hook to the body.

He's beaten a great 140 pounder and now a great 135 pounder.

I gave Ricky the first 2, got worried in the third, Castillo was pulling it back, Hatton got angry and put the **** away!

There's only one Ricky Fatton.

4. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    There is an American boxing media conspiarcy against European fighters. You have to believe me, they can only get credit by signing with American promoters.

5. Nemesis

Dec 9, 2005
    Exactly the key point here, is he aint American (or hispanic american), so that instantly goes against him. Even the referee was a joke constantly blaming Hatton for the holding

6. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    **** em.

Another great thing is we found out he really was ill in the last fight and that is what affected him.

7. stuey

stuey Never bet on England Full Member

Aug 13, 2004
    great left hook, he throws that shot better than anyone in the game right now.

8. Lampshade

Lampshade New Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Listening to all the haters actually makes it even more sweet. It's blatantly obvious that no matter what a UK fighter does it's going to get picked apart, so just enjoy how frustrating it must be for said haters to continually hate. It takes a whole lot of energy to hate quite as much as they do.

In the end any UK fighter is going to be labelled a slapper, a clincher, or far too negative.

9. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Watch the fight again and watch how many clinches Hatton initiates after the first round....... 1-2 max..... Castillo got blasted, Hatton surpassed all my expectations.

10. MIK1000

MIK1000 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2005
    Hatton is goanna go down as the best british fighter ever at least.

11. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I thought Castillo was more to blame for the clinches, and i didnt think JLC even looked too bad in the first 3 rounds it was just Hatton was too much for him.

Who cares what those guys think anyway? The Lewis-Tyson fight was a great example of US commentators being biased.. Lewis was beating him up and all they were saying was "Tyson has a great chin":lol: Hatton wont get much credit over there, but i dont think he'll be losing any sleep over it to be honest.

12. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Nemesis: where did you see the HBO version?

13. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    It's disappointing but not surprising...as Lampshade says, makes it more fun when the Brit wins though ;)

14. Nemesis

Dec 9, 2005
    Jimbo, I cant PM you the website as my PM's are ****ed, if you have an email address then i will send it too you there, if I post the link Achilles will wave the banstick

Its a Hungarian site

15. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Cheers mate.

Tried to torrent it this morning but waited for an hour to find i'd dl'd Setanta's audio commentary. :lol: